Old 02-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #41
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,605 Times in 375 Posts
Default Re: NHRA open to run IHRA class cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fahey View Post
YES I can if I wanted to !!
Especially if retired and lots of money and time for travel.
Can hit IHRA races in Florida, Carolinas, PA, MD, OH, VA.
OWN a home in Florida and can put the car with trailer on the AutoTrain.
Did that a couple years ago driving the car to Bradenton from Orlando.
Then there are about 20 independent Races.
Can also race it in Brackets.

I am not bashing ...I am advocating !
Why are you so angry and negative?
Not giving up on what I think is right!

D
Dan I live Shirley Ny 11967 I race everywhere You put your car on a train ? Come on man! You just put it in writing you don't race. You think of every excuse to keyboard race..You are just like the dummy running for president.Flooding our mind with your twisted logic .By the way I aint rich I JUST RACE.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #42
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

[quote=James Perrone;494682]Dan I live Shirley Ny 11967 I race everywhere You put your car on a train ? Come on man! You just put it in writing you don't race. You think of every excuse to keyboard race..You are just like the dummy running for president.Flooding our mind with your twisted logic .By the way I aint rich I JUST RACE

Last edited by Dan Fahey; 02-07-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #43
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSale View Post
The announcement isn't really clear. Would the IHRA class cars be inspected and classed as NHRA cars or would NHRA be calling IHRA classes to the lanes?

Would IHRA cars have to cover their Association stickers?

Pure Stock running in Stock Elim? Crate Motor cars in SS/GT?

If they lumped everything IHRA and NHRA considered Stock together and used their respective index times, the car count could be good.

For the last couple of years the tracks in Washington State east of the mountains have been IHRA while the western tracks are NHRA. It's not that much of a haul.

Dale

Most likely they will make cars that can fit in NHRA do so.crate motor , pure stock and gt cars will have to -.30 of there index to fit in.

Last edited by dartman; 02-06-2016 at 08:12 PM.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #44
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan fahey View Post
yeah james...
I have been running stock since 1972.
My 69 impala is going through a restoration. So race my 1995 impala ss i bought new.
And
i did put my 1995 impala ss on the autotrain in lorton va and ran stock at bradenton proam and nitrojam in 2014. From sandford fl. Drove the car to the race put my racing tires on and competed. Raced ecirs since 2001 and stock since 2010 and drove it to all the races. After the race, back to street tires, pack and drive home.
Anyone who knows me can validate this is what i did to compete.

Only last year started using a trailer. Towing with a 1994 cusomized caprice wagon and featherlight trailer. From germantown md ran at empire two weekends row. Ihra and ecirs meets. Later competed another ecirs event at lebanon valley. Also ran several times at island dragway, cecil, mason dixon. Ran ihra meets at richmond, mir, pittsburgh. Then end of year ran tristate s/ss meet and came runner up.

Just learned that i can put my both cars and trailer on the autotrain.
Round trip costs about the same as driving, motel and food.
Think about it? Division 2 and division 1 races in same year. Less snow.

I race in two series almost won the ecirs championship. Lost championship by 12 points after winning 6 races in a row. Can run the ecsss and tristate except for time and schedules.

Drag racing is not my only passion. Also a certified soccer referee and work tournaments and weekend games. Last year ran 75 games. So got a busy schedule.
Oh did i mention i own an it company? 23 years in business.

So yes i guess i am rich!
Have three great kids, ok wife and former, wonderful friends, healthy, at 65 can still chase down a teenager, love my job and drag racing.

But you are rich too james !
Because i bet you are just as dedicated a racer and family guy as me!

D
dilligaf
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #45
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NHRA open to run IHRA class cars

It boils down to this...a forward thinking, bold spirited promoter whose glass is half full has "put up" what should be enough incentive to entice the most pessimistic among us to drag our stuff out, make this event a success, and potentially forge the beginning of a sustainable format. Some will tow across the continent to be here and there will be those who choose not to haul down the street - it's all about choice after all, and that is why there is justification for more than one 'HRA and the unique classes that populate each organization.

I just think it's cool that someone dares to envision a sandbox with room for everyone.... come and play or stay home - it's OK.
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #46
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Will you don't have to have a 10-25 grand motor to run stock. I have 2 stockers sitting
Here with no where near that in the pair.
I have a friend that bought a pure stocker changed the cam and rear. It would run under the index, so it can be done with a budget
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:17 AM   #47
Bench Racer

Liked 99 Times in 21 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NHRA open to run IHRA class cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Turner View Post
It boils down to this...a forward thinking, bold spirited promoter whose glass is half full has "put up" what should be enough incentive to entice the most pessimistic among us to drag our stuff out, make this event a success, and potentially forge the beginning of a sustainable format. Some will tow across the continent to be here and there will be those who choose not to haul down the street - it's all about choice after all, and that is why there is justification for more than one 'HRA and the unique classes that populate each organization.

I just think it's cool that someone dares to envision a sandbox with room for everyone.... come and play or stay home - it's OK.
I'm looking for the "like" button.
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:35 AM   #48
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,586 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Turner View Post

Sorry Dave , but our own Michael Beard has already done this ....and most chose to Stay Home in SPITE of Michaels best Efforts and $$$
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:37 AM   #49
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Sorry Dave , but our own Michael Beard has already done this ....and most chose to Stay Home in SPITE of Michaels best Efforts and $$$
Last year Class National was tough. Think it was the timing.
Competed against the Empire IHRA ProAm on the same day.

The year before was a lot better!
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #50
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
We won't know until the last pair goes down track, but my suspicion is that the NHRA sanction, National Open status, grade point and Wally will make a difference. Our Ontario based Can Am S/SS Series can put 50 cars on the property

Michael did everything he could...TWICE! I hope he can make the trip as well.
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote