HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #21
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 600 hp small block stocker

What does LEGALLY mean? I am serious and would like a simple clear answer.
ALL brands have some secret underrated combo because of typos, bogus superseded parts, cam specs etc. etc. Are those combos legal or accepted?
Is there a difference between legal and accepted? For example somehow it is legal/accepted to run a transmission with more ratios or speeds than originally produced for one brand of vehicles but still Not legal or accepted for others.
One last question,Because it was mentioned in this thread. Is there a spec for location, radius and depth of valve notch on stocker pistons? I have seen machined notches on accepted pistons that were kind of generous.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I believe these questions are relevant. Louis Jeffery
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #22
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Diehl View Post
In stock trim? Bullshlt!

I know exactly how much a Super Stock Cleveland makes, and it's not much more than 675 HP (with flat tops or a dome).

That's a 9200 rpm Cleveland with welded and ported close chamber heads, custom manifold, kick-out pan, roller cam, shaft rockers, light pistons and pins, etc.

You either have your numbers seriously confused or you need to find yourself a new dyno......
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #23
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
No disrespect to anybody but I probably turn my stuff a lot higher than most, the cam is right and the compression is right according to what the book says. the valvetrain.... gonna hurt some feelings

I am not throwing away money just to bracket race, I have one intention and one intention only...that is too set records, and since there are no other Boss351's out there to hurt anybodys feelings I don't see a problem

BTW, we are still searching for more power there is a lot left to rub on......did I just say that?

A well respect cylinder head man said once.....the two hardest classes out there are Pro Stock and Stock.....

Besides that......90% are convinced that fords can't fall out of a tree anyway...why ya worried?
Always good to have more Stick cars out there. Welcome to D!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #24
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT Mustang View Post
In stock trim? Bullshlt!

I know exactly how much a Super Stock Cleveland makes, and it's not much more than 675 HP (with flat tops or a dome).

That's a 9200 rpm Cleveland with welded and ported close chamber heads, custom manifold, kick-out pan, roller cam, shaft rockers, light pistons and pins, etc.

You either have your numbers seriously confused or you need to find yourself a new dyno......
So....what makes you think I don't have a 9200 rpm flat tappet, Cleveland?

The heads, pan, and manifold are as the book says...the manifold as is...is killing the motor, in SS trim it would make a lot more

I will concede the valvetrain is pushing the rules, but most record setting combos do.

No disrespect, but, just cause you can't do it don't mean somebody else can't either.
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Jeffery View Post
What does LEGALLY mean? I am serious and would like a simple clear answer.
ALL brands have some secret underrated combo because of typos, bogus superseded parts, cam specs etc. etc. Are those combos legal or accepted?
Is there a difference between legal and accepted? For example somehow it is legal/accepted to run a transmission with more ratios or speeds than originally produced for one brand of vehicles but still Not legal or accepted for others.
One last question,Because it was mentioned in this thread. Is there a spec for location, radius and depth of valve notch on stocker pistons? I have seen machined notches on accepted pistons that were kind of generous.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I believe these questions are relevant. Louis Jeffery
No, not that I am aware of
Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #26
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

The 302 Coyote will do it, no need for all those big cubic inch small blocks mentioned above!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #27
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
So....what makes you think I don't have a 9200 rpm flat tappet, Cleveland?

The heads, pan, and manifold are as the book says...the manifold as is...is killing the motor, in SS trim it would make a lot more

I will concede the valvetrain is pushing the rules, but most record setting combos do.

No disrespect, but, just cause you can't do it don't mean somebody else can't either.

Whatever you say.

Why don't you call Kuntz, Holbrook and Lawrence in the morning and tell them about your secret combo and how much power it makes. I'm sure that they could all use a good laugh to start the day.......
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #28
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT Mustang View Post
Whatever you say.

Why don't you call Kuntz, Holbrook and Lawrence in the morning and tell them about your secret combo and how much power it makes. I'm sure that they could all use a good laugh to start the day.......
No need to, I make my own parts but, you do know that it only takes less than 300 cfm to make that kind of power?

It don't take welded and ported heads to do that. well...on some brands it does.

we just wait and see what it runs

Last edited by Bill Diehl; 10-29-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #29
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

675 is way more than the best 396-375 makes. You're full of it!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #30
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

With 675 hp, you should be able to run 9.50s at 3365 in C no problem.

I think this is an "I'll believe it when I see it" situation, but I'd like to see it!

Last edited by Andrew Hill; 10-29-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Andrew Hill is offline   Reply With Quote