HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
Jesse Kershaw

Liked 120 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Ya gotta be kidding...

The 429 is our answer to the 426 Hemi, and the 427 Chevy. The cam lift is line on line with the Hemi combo.

The throttle body is our off-the-shelf unit. Big but front entry as opposed to the scoop of the Hemi. I consider it a wash. Likewise the head is 12 year old NASCAR tech but it's off-the-shelf as well. However the 429 is at .650" lift while the NASCAR engines are over 1". Huge difference! It becomes an apples and oranges argument trying to compare the engines.

These engines are designed specifically for Factory Showdown. It should be very fun and exciting, and not affect any older combos as the natural class is BB. The Dodge guys are dominating FS/B right now and we want to mix it up a little. The point is to promote Stock racing and help Factory Showdown grow, having all 3 makes in is a big part of that.

Hopefully Chevy ups their ante with a .650" lift SOLID lifter cam and maybe a CNC port on their intake like the Dodge has and we should be VERY level in performance.

I think we've got the best teams running Ford's (although I do like the Barton and Teuton teams) and I'm excited for Indy. I hope the Chevy guys get a combo that gives them the specs to be right inline with the Ford and Mopar so we can stop the paperwork exercise, get to work and settle this on the track.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
The Mopar's use a 4 hole 1 3/4 in on the DP's which is the same size as 750 CFM 4150 series carb, but it is rated @ 1000 cfm. The 426 Hemi uses a 2" which is the same as a 4500 series base and is rated @ 1600 cfm. Course we are only flowing air. The Copo 427 single blade has a slightly larger area than the 2" 4 bore that we use.
Also, your 4 1 3/4" throttle blades are not encumbered by venturis and boosters getting "in the way". Thus the higher flow ratings.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #13
Gary Summers

Liked 47 Times in 12 Posts

You tell those guys like it is Jesse. It is like the phrase you always tell me that you are tired of taking a knife to a gunfight.
Gary Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #14
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Am I the only guy who wishes these cars would be "Pro Stock" instead of the current class?
Old 05-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #15
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Toller View Post
Am I the only guy who wishes these cars would be "Pro Stock" instead of the current class?
Call it NASCAR Pro Stock
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:55 PM   #16
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Toller View Post
No you aren't. There are many more folks who despise these cars in Stock and Super Stock than there are who want them in. The OEM guys chime in only when there is massaging that needs to be done. History will provide a very dark view of their actions. But what do they care?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #17
Paul Merolla

Liked 232 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
No you aren't. There are many more folks who despise these cars in Stock and Super Stock than there are who want them in. The OEM guys chime in only when there is massaging that needs to be done. History will provide a very dark view of their actions. But what do they care?
Bruce, I think what he means is instead of tube chassis, jellybean, 500 inch Pro Stockers...the factory S/SS cars should be Pro Stock. And I agree...
Paul Merolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #18
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

"instead of the current class" - I can't speak for Joe but it appears that he thinks these cars would be better suited in Pro Stock than running them in Stock. And I agree with that.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:12 AM   #19
gbur

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce noland View Post
"instead of the current class" - i can't speak for joe but it appears that he thinks these cars would be better suited in pro stock than running them in stock. And i agree with that.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #20
str5010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to stock/super stock racing as well. I'm trying to catch up on what has been going on with these new factory stock cars which is how I landed here. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I can find more info on the following:

1) I saw an article somewhere briefly mentioning that the current rules made the V10 Mopar drag packs uncompetitve against the supercharged Fords and Chevys, but I can't seem find it again or any other info relating to this.

2) I read something else similar to what has been mentioned in this thread that all of these new factory drag cars are taking advantage of the current rules and really shouldn't be running in the current classes.

Maybe I should just make a new thread, but any pointers on where to go for this info would be appreciated - thanks!
str5010 is offline   Reply With Quote