Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Performance Stock NMCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
More budget class. I haven't seen trans rule yet.... I would be happy if they limited it to PG only or TH 350...Fewer choices, less money chasing the magic .1. Drive it to win...
Explain to me how a pro trans and 3 converters ( remember, it's heads up gotta be able to adjust) is more economical than a g-force and a soft loc clutch? You could easily mandate the soft loc clutch but you can't easily outlaw a pro-trans
Old 08-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #22
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The bottom line is the human emotion to compete. Some people will race to be part of racing and at a budget that they can be comfortable with. There is always going to be a few people who will go to the absolutely N'th degree to win. Does not matter if the prize is a gift certificate to McDonalds ---the bottom line they will spend whatever it takes to give them the edge. Nothing wrong with that except it takes away from the original intent of a budget class. It is a uncontrollable fact. There is an old saying about being a big fish in small pond rather than being a small fish in the ocean. lol
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #23
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Performance Stock NMCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
Wow, an optimist. How much do tech men allow regular class winners to cheat? With tech I think most would be aware of people out to cheat...
"Cheater" Heads/Intake manifolds have been out and around since before 1985. It has only gotten more expensive and more sophisticated. NHRA allowed it to happen since day one. Why do you think they allowed the valve job changes? I fought it years ago and had a cpl of meetings with the sportsman contact in NHRA (Forgot his name for the moment) at the PRI shows to no avail. He couldn't get NHRA to go along with it. He no longer works for NHRA but has been on this forum a few times in the past. Over the years you now have what you have. There WILL BE WAYS the racers will learn to get around the rules. I guarantee it. I have some water front property for sale in Arazon if you think Im BS'ing.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 08-30-2014 at 12:59 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #24
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
"Cheater" Heads/Intake manifolds have been out and around since before 1985. It has only gotten more expensive and more sophisticated. NHRA allowed it to happen since day one. Why do you think they allowed the valve job changes? I fought it years ago and had a cpl of meetings with the sportsman contact in NHRA (Forgot his name for the moment) at the PRI shows to no avail. He couldn't get NHRA to go along with it. He no longer works for NHRA but has been on this forum a few times in the past. Over the years you now have what you have. There WILL BE WAYS the racers will learn to get around the rules. I guarantee it. I have some water front property for sale in Arazon if you think Im BS'ing.
All true, Terry, but this is a factory sealed deal. I suppose someone would monkey with that too.
But, by and large ,I still say the ones with the money to burn will dominate.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Performance Stock NMCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
All true, Terry, but this is a factory sealed deal. I suppose someone would monkey with that too.
But, by and large ,I still say the ones with the money to burn will dominate.
They have a NASCAR type truck class here in Fl. that use the ZZ-4 crate engine and a turbo 350. The chassis is about the same as the NASCAR guys trucks. They are "SUPPOSED" to be sealed and only freshened up by certain contracted engine builders. LOL I helped go thru 2 ZZ-4's for a local team and they just copied the factory seals. Its being done all the time. This was before I found out about the "SEALED" engine rule. Sounds like a certain CJ racer I knew in Md/Va area. Heh Heh Nothing is sacred or perfect.

P.S. I would love to see this deal work. It sounds good on paper.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 08-30-2014 at 05:08 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #26
Tar Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad E532 View Post
What do you think a car would have to run to be competitive in this class?
I had the same question. What do you guys think a legal LS car would have to run to be competitive? We'd have to change the 4L60E in our C5 (if that can even be done to a glide) but this class interests me. Pure Stock is too slow and after a COPO went 9.80 in B/SA at Indy there is no way we can compete with that.

Scott