Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: What's wrong with Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp 798 View Post
Since 2008 and the crying never stops..... some people just love to complain.
Comprehension problem? nhra and the oem's are committing fraud and you appear to be one of the beneficiaries. And no the conversation about this fraud will never stop until something is done to correct it. There are legal folks looking at this problem and it will probably not result in a law suit but it will impact other legal issues that nhra is now experiencing.

At Indy, I was faced with the same dilemma as Scott except my situation was a little more complicated. I thought about not running against a "new" car that had me covered by two tenths but then the first alternate was another A/SA car and I could not be certain that he wouldn't get the new car. It would have been better if the new car had to use shoe polish. I decided to give him a try in an effort to push him one second under the index. That's all I did. This car, a Challenger, started life in nhra at 305 horsepower and is currently rated at 421. And it is still underrated. After 50 years in business, nhra did not miss this gross horsepower miscalculation.

So, for those of you who are enjoying this corrupt process, I hope you really enjoy racing your ringer car$.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #12
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Hey Comp guy, we bitched day & night about mufflers until something changed. Those in power count on silence from the impacted
Stock class was a massacre for the older cars and the time love & $ invested is not right and easily corrected with FX classes
There can be no pride in winning in an obviously mis-classed car
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
Michael K

Liked 62 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker396 View Post
Greg is right, BUT You have to be patient.... Word I have from the "ivory Tower of Glendora" is you are looking at the "NEW PRO STOCK" In the next 2 years Pro stock in its current formt will be replaced by the "Super Cars" NHRA needs to shake it up. Current Pro stock is TOO expensive , has no real fan base, AND Spectators dont identify with the cars. SOOO If you havent noticed, ALOT of pro stock teams already have COPOS,CJ's and Drag Packs and are testing them.

If this is true.....I think that it is an extremely good idea.
Michael K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #14
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

I might be in favor of a 10 year rule....factory stockers run for 10 years, in their own elimination.....then move to stock elimination. The logic is that the new cars will have had plenty of time to beat up their up rating. At the same time the new super stock cars into the same elimination...as factory modified.....for ten years.

Last edited by SStockDart; 08-31-2014 at 06:45 PM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #15
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp 798 View Post
Since 2008 and the crying never stops..... some people just love to complain.
Are the the guy that raced in E/SA & F/SA with the same combo that now runs B, C & D??????????????
Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
Are the the guy that raced in E/SA & F/SA with the same combo that now runs B, C & D??????????????
That's what I thought too Bob. Seems like he's been trying to sell that thing for 2or 3 years!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #17
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

I hate myself for not being able to hold back any longer. Boring 3-day weekend, I guess, forces me to do something.

How about cars over 40 years old run in a nostalgia stock category and not stock eliminator?

You are watching the future of drag racing - with current cars produced by the factories. Cars whose body styles you can purchase in a showroom today (not everybody who buys a car wants a race car).

You guys think blood, sweat and effort happens on a garage floor. It can happen in a job where you earn a living and spend your money as you see fit. I mortgaged my house and spent my retirement to get in the game and stop complaining. I do not have a lot of years left.

I am sure we have spent more time -- on the engine and chassis dyno, runs down the drag strip tuning + changing things and money to go to more than 40 races in the last four years -- more than any of the keyboard jockeys on this website - message me to compare notes. For those of you who think we have not worked on our combination - get your head out of where ever it is and try seeing the light of day.

Ok guys this should keep us busy for the rest of the weekend. Light it up boys.

BTW - I heard this a long time ago --

"The difference between a puppy and a drag racer is the puppy learns to quit whining".

Ron Durham
Proud V10 drag Pak owner

Last edited by Andys dad; 08-31-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Andys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #18
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

I don't have a gun in the Stock fight but we ran a car in SS for about a year as a SS/BS. When the "factory" SS cars started to show up we decided to not participate in SS.--SO if the factory comes up with a double turbo full out hi compression hi lift camshaft you get the idea "slightly detuned" balls out motor with a hokey HP rating and accepted by NHRA tech as an EXTREMELY limited run factory produced vehicle it's legal---how do you compete with this --YOU CANT unless ya got one yourself--- I think part of the problem here is that you have multiple cubic inch engines in multiple year cars all with the latest hi tech engineering available and supersceded parts weekly with ONE intention ----TO WIN all within the current rules allowed by the association--if they want to run "Stock" they can they are not doing anything illegal but its sorta like a SS car running a Stocker--- the only way to stop this is to either have their own eliminator class much like SS/AH or to factor them correctly--it just aint fair---look what Larry Hill did--- he made them(NHRA tech) look stupid--- he took a V6 pick up truck DIME ROCKET with a blueprinted motor and totally annihilated the index--- so much for the AFHS ---hows that NHRA hp factoring working for you now--- another one shot wonder just blew your AFHS theory out of the water---my 2 cents FED
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys dad View Post
. I mortgaged my house and spent my retirement to get in the game and stop complaining. I do not have a lot of years left.

"The difference between a puppy and a drag racer is the puppy learns to quit whining".

Ron Durham
Proud V10 drag Pak owner
Ron , my friend.. So do you recommend everyone should have to do what you did, in order to be competitive in the upper Stock classes, if that's what it takes?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 PM   #20
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 269 Posts

Mark, I was not going to go there, but I figured someone would.

Honestly, I dearly love the sport. I'm working a day job for a major corporation now, plus running my own business. I worked most every day off this year.

But I will be damned if I will mortgage my house, or spend all of my savings to race.

I suppose if some people wish to out spend the rest of us, and drive us out, and NHRA is willing to be a party to it, then so be it.