Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2024, 09:24 PM   #61
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts
Default Re: $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Shepard View Post
In that hypothetic situatuon, what if I beat a shootout car? What if I win? To JR's point, I would have 170 or so lbs on a shootout car...

Its not about me agreeing or disagreeing with what your doing. Its trying to clarify each situation for those trying to decide to participate or not
Jason, if someone comes out of the woodwork, even though NO-ONE has ever ran AA/S at INDY, and wants to run at the minimum for AA...that only tells the rest of us competing three things... he's too slow to be in the shootout with the rest of us, he's gonna lose class regardless, and he's looking for his 15min of fame just so he can "prove a point" and say he screwed everything up for the shootout...which to all three I say, I hope we get him 1st F!#KING round!!! PS. Bring tools and gaskets...gonna be a long day in the barn...

What I really like about you Jason is you have ZERO skin in the game but have a million questions and comments. I am putting up over 20k of my $$$, my time, and doing it all for the friends Sean and I have made in the last two years running our new car. I am not profiting and/or gaining anything personally by doing this. I do it because I love Stock & Super Stock. I like your WOKE mentality that because you and/or some of your other WOKE friends can't participate, it has to be dismantled and criticized. Sounds like you have got it all figured out....yeeesh!

Last edited by SS/GSI; 03-23-2024 at 10:08 PM.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:13 AM   #62
Jason Shepard

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

If you look back on all of my comments on this thread, I dont believe I have criticized anything. I even mentioned that this would be an awesome event. Yes, I have asked questions, but only to clarify things.

Skin in the game? My car, no, I run super stock. But it affects several people very close to me. If I can help them decide if they want to participate or not, thats all I'm after.
Jason Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:01 AM   #63
Proline

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Nothing about the race but i think the definition of woke is special rule to benefit a certain group prizes for all and threats for none compliance. Just saying
Proline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 03:34 PM   #64
SS/GSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Shepard View Post
If you look back on all of my comments on this thread, I dont believe I have criticized anything. I even mentioned that this would be an awesome event. Yes, I have asked questions, but only to clarify things.

Skin in the game? My car, no, I run super stock. But it affects several people very close to me. If I can help them decide if they want to participate or not, thats all I'm after.
Jason, I have posted my cell # on here several times should anyone have any questions...funny part is the majority of the posters on this thread cannot/will not participate, but comment negatively and the only people who have called me are people who can or will be participating...hmmm makes sense!

Last edited by SS/GSI; 03-24-2024 at 03:54 PM.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-24-2024, 03:52 PM   #65
SS/GSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proline View Post
Nothing about the race but i think the definition of woke is special rule to benefit a certain group prizes for all and threats for none compliance. Just saying
Woke is pushing your entitled agenda and ideals onto the masses while having society or someone else pay for it...I am not doing either. If you wanna play, run the shootout, if not, do whatever suits you. I am not asking anyone to pay for it, I am....gonna go out on a limb and say you DO NOT have a car that could participate or is being "left out"??? Perhaps you may not even own a stock eliminator car at all, and you just cannot help yourself to comment, regardless of someone's best intentions. Keep typing...you are free to speak your mind...
Liked
Old 03-24-2024, 04:30 PM   #66
Mike Mans

Liked 300 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
Woke is pushing your entitled agenda and ideals onto the masses while having society or someone else pay for it...I am not doing either. If you wanna play, run the shootout, if not, do whatever suits you. I am not asking anyone to pay for it, I am....gonna go out on a limb and say you DO NOT have a car that could participate or is being "left out"??? Perhaps you may not even own a stock eliminator car at all, and you just cannot help yourself to comment, regardless of someone's best intentions. Keep typing...you are free to speak your mind...
So by your own definition of "pushing your own entitled agenda and ideals onto the masses while having society or someone else pay for it," it sounds like the Gaffney brothers must have been at the forefront of WOKE when they pushed to re-write the entire shipping weight section of the rule book. Got it.
Mike Mans is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-24-2024, 06:18 PM   #67
SS/GSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mans View Post
So by your own definition of "pushing your own entitled agenda and ideals onto the masses while having society or someone else pay for it," it sounds like the Gaffney brothers must have been at the forefront of WOKE when they pushed to re-write the entire shipping weight section of the rule book. Got it.
If you ever bothered to read my post on the subject, I was looking to have one shipping weight changed....NHRA took it upon themselves to change them all...but I am sure you already knew that and felt like MF'n me with disinformation, that's ok. My concern was the forging of MVMA documents between manufacturers and NHRA to subtract 300+ pounds from vehicle shipping weights to create an competitive advantage over their competitors....sometimes even against cars produced by the same manufacturer(ie. Firebird vs Camaro). Funny thing is there was a lot of push back by NHRA for a manufacturer that no longer exists. Conversely, NHRA had no issue changing the 1969 Camaro(most ran vehicle in NHRA STK & SS) SW just months before I mentioned my concerns, which hurt all the classes it could run in STK & SS...didn't hear any '69 guys complain. Good luck against the COPO's at Indy...
Old 03-24-2024, 07:42 PM   #68
R. Thorne

Liked 48 Times in 25 Posts

Well, I think additional money heads up for any Stock or Super Stock class is always a good idea and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.
R. Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:09 PM   #69
Dyno

Liked 605 Times in 177 Posts

Larry, there is only but a few EFI/Paper car combos in the entire guide that could fit into AA/S. Also, to my knowledge, none of the few combinations have yet to be ran in stock eliminator with a stick. No car has ran AA/S at the US Nationals since its addition to the class category guide. Should an individual now, all of the sudden, wish to run AA/S with one of these rare combinations, it would obviously be to MF the shootout; however, should this arise, its ok...they should just make sure they bring lots of tools and gaskets.

Well, it looks like I need to cancel my order for my new G-Force transmission. I have a car that is not a paper car but is EFI. Good luck to everyone involved.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-25-2024, 09:27 AM   #70
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,613 Times in 378 Posts

Question being that it’s an Nhra event
Who makes the call on teardown?
Seems like it’s implied that this is gonna happen