HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Drag Pak/Cobra Jet FX classes

Indy is all fine and dandy BUT Danny & Bruce have been around too long to not know what would happen!! They should have seen last year when the first CJ were too fast for the roll cages. Too many hidden interest out there. It will be hard to get all the horses back in the barn know that they are free just like all the SS chassis mods that don't meet the specs, how about FWD Sturts on rear wheel drive cars but the Old F-cars can't do it.
Time to clean house in Glendora in tech department. Glen Gray should fix this!
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgal View Post
Well, I may just put the brakes on selling my stuff. I cannot offer proof of what I am about to say, but Indy did get the NHRA's attention. A very reliable source told me that it finally hit Gracia that there is a real problem out there with the current classifications/hp ratings/etc...of the Drag Paks and Cobra Jets.

Basically, Danny was not too keen on the idea of putting them in the FX classes before Indy, but when the news got out how fast they were running and how much more weight they were carrying over the minimums it made them realize something has to be done. That may be why there were only minimal hp changes on the combos if they are about to be put into FX classes.

Keep your eyes pealed for upcoming changes on these cars. Good gosh, there may be hope.
As much as this needs to happen it will not. Lets face it if there are a couple of choices to be made, NHRA will ALWAYS pick the one that is the most foolish! It has been proven over the years....Even with the HP increases (Laugh), the "G" car can and will outrun any car from D on down. I am not knocking Jeff for his car choice but I am knocking the absurd "blindness" of NHRA for the complete lack of understanding of the stock class. As Woodro put it Sad real Sad........
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Dgal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Drag Pak/Cobra Jet FX classes

Well, I may just put the brakes on selling my stuff. I cannot offer proof of what I am about to say, but Indy did get the NHRA's attention. A very reliable source told me that it finally hit Gracia that there is a real problem out there with the current classifications/hp ratings/etc...of the Drag Paks and Cobra Jets.

Basically, Danny was not too keen on the idea of putting them in the FX classes before Indy, but when the news got out how fast they were running and how much more weight they were carrying over the minimums it made them realize something has to be done. That may be why there were only minimal hp changes on the combos if they are about to be put into FX classes.

Keep your eyes pealed for upcoming changes on these cars. Good gosh, there may be hope.
Dgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Thank god

Now Larry Hill and Greg Hill can get back to racing.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 09-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Dgal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOval Ralph View Post
Indy is all fine and dandy BUT Danny & Bruce have been around too long to not know what would happen!! They should have seen last year when the first CJ were too fast for the roll cages. Too many hidden interest out there. It will be hard to get all the horses back in the barn know that they are free just like all the SS chassis mods that don't meet the specs, how about FWD Sturts on rear wheel drive cars but the Old F-cars can't do it.
Time to clean house in Glendora in tech department. Glen Gray should fix this!
Everything you said is true, but it is what it is. I wish I had the ability to substantiate my information, but it was enough for me to put a halt to my plans of selling my car.

The horse is already out of the barn for the Drag Paks and Cobra Jets, but Glendora can build a new barn right around them with the FX classification. This would take it from a win/lose situation to everyone shares a bit of a win.

That doesn't correct some of the other items you have addressed. It does at least address one of the most inane decisions that they have made lately.
Dgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
Don Whitmore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

The 'fast' news didn't need to travel far, Gracia was at Indy...
Don Whitmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing that should be done is do new corrections on engines either the old engines should be corrected to the Dyno Correction SAE J1349 which is to 29.234 Baro & 77 degrees. The old Correction SAE J607 is to 29.92 & 60 degrees. This would reduce the old engines by 4%. Or you could just add 4 % to the new engines

http://www.land-and-sea.com/dyno-tec...horsepower.htm
Look at this web site on dyno corrections.

Need to get all engines rated at the same weather correction.

Last edited by BlueOval Ralph; 09-08-2010 at 06:58 PM.
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,225 Times in 250 Posts

Quote:

I heard Stevie Wonder saw what was going on and tipped off Danny. LOL.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Drag Pak/Cobra Jet FX classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOval Ralph View Post
One thing that should be done is do new corrections on engines either the old engines should be corrected to the Dyno Correction SAE J130? which is to 29.234 Baro & 77 degrees. The old Correction SAE is to 29.92 & 60 degrees. This would reduce the old engines by 4%. Or you could just add 4 % to the new engines
Add 4 % ? Dont you mean add 20% to the new engines !!!!!!!!!!!!
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,093 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:

I hope you're not holding your breath.