HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #31
Greg Gay

Liked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Live from Lebanon Valley,NY-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Old versus New. This WAS an incredible race to watch, Jack. It appeared that Carl left with a good light. David hit the throttle on that supercharged machine, and the rpm jumped instantly. The supercharged engine was noticeably louder than any of the other stockers. The front end went up on about a 30 degree angle, and then just hung there as the car accelerated down track. It reminded me of the old C.A.R.S. 10.5 tire black 69 Camaro and how it just drove down the track with the front wheels about 5 feet in the air, not going higher or lower. Anyway, at about 300 feet, the Camaro landed. David had to peddle it, and I don't remember if it was while it was in the air, or after it landed, but I believe he was drifting towards the wall. He was off the throttle, and immediately back on it, much like a fuel racer peddling it to try to salvage a run. I heard myself say out loud, "Let off, Carl!". But, at 100 mph, there is no judging a 160 mph car. Carl later told me that he did let off, but it was too late. This was one of the most entertaining runs that I have seen in a long time.
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote