HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 07-13-2015, 10:59 AM   #11
Fireofficer5

Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Red Lights-First or Worst?

Add this, just be closest to your index or dial in.
Going under isn't a loss.
Just be closest to the dial in or index.
Fireofficer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
Dave Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I were to change bracket racing, it would be to have a fully blinded tree, and it would be instant green, WITH clock start at green.
Your dial in will include your reaction time.
Can you and your car really repeat?

Then maybe the whining would stop.
Dave Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #13
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cook View Post
If I were to change bracket racing, it would be to have a fully blinded tree, and it would be instant green, WITH clock start at green.

It will never stop. Not as long as there are people here who think this world owes them something. (Like a rule change) What they are really saying to everyone else is ... I can't win because I'm stupid, not smart enough or not rich enough or too lazy to go to work. And as a result I need special concessions or I can't win.

Everyone who races will lose. The true winners get back up, brush off the dust and hit it again. The true losers will never win because they fail to accept responsibility for their loss. They whine and cry, continuously blaming someone or something else for their failure and beg the world to cut them some slack. The truth is, they play under the same rules as everyone else and enjoy the same benefits and opportunities as everyone else. In fact, everyone agrees to the rules when they drive through the gate and pay their entry fee.

So in the end these people (losers) who whine, cry, beg and complain have no one to blame but themselves as they agreed to everything when they entered. Their choices? Get up, dust off, try to learn something from their loss and hit it again or stay home. Either way, most folks don't care.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #14
Wilson1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bracket racing in our area isn't dead, but growing a little bit. I do have to agree that they should scrap brackets and go to index racing. Nobody watches Brackets/SC/SG except the people involved or their family. Try to explain Comp Elim to someone that has never been to a bracket race or a Nat. Good luck with that one.

I think index racing with a .400 tree will bring back spectators and the racers will love it once they get on to it. As a driver I know it is more fun when I am side by side with a guy going down the track. Much more so that either blowing by someone at the finish line or getting blown by. When both cars leave at the same time and arrive at the finish line at the same time people will watch it and enjoy it a lot more.

One complaint I hear from racers is, "I can't go fast enough to be in the 9 second index", I get that slowing your car down is against a drag racers instincts. But if you are a bracket racer, you are already slowing your car down if you are winning. You are not winning a bunch of races and dialing straight up. You may win a few, but the guys that know how to hold are winning the races.. So slow your car down to the 10 second index and have fun again.
Wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #15
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree withMr. Wilson "
"I think index racing with a .400 tree will bring back spectators and the racers will love it once they get on to it. As a driver I know it is more fun when I am side by side with a guy going down the track. Much more so that either blowing by someone at the finish line or getting blown by. When both cars leave at the same time and arrive at the finish line at the same time people will watch it and enjoy it a lot more. "

In the past I raced in bracket races that had a comon index and when S/C first started it was similar racing side by side and it was great.
I also have advocated to abandon throttle stops only to upset a lot of guys that don't want to change.

As far as the red light rule is concerned if your leaving at the same time it's adequate as is but if your leaving with a staggered start it should be the worst not the first. I think a couple of big bracket race promoting /Racers are trying to address just that.(Biondo, Speilia? )

Last edited by Bill Baer; 04-10-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:52 PM   #16
n5ifi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cook View Post

I like it.
n5ifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #17
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Made lots of enemies with this topic but also some friends, I started a post many years ago and it was a win,for don't change a thing camp, I felt that the worst light,was a great way to equalize the system. I also have been racing,for over forty plus years and have had some slow racers and fast ones too. I like racing whatever you put me in, I love being the slower car, yes I leave first and can red light but if I have a killer light he has to wait there,all that time,while my opponent is baking in the heat,seeing me getting farther away causing him now,to possibly red light his chance away? who has the advantage anyways, hard to tell?
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote