Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #101
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: 2015 Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Are you talking about a stocker head? If you think stocker heads aren't being ported I have some ocean front property by my central Texas home ill sell real cheap lol......
yes, I am.....but I am talking about the combustion chamber that everybody can see and measure but the NHRA has given conflicting information

I can easily make my 62 heads 66 and nobody would ever know...except the folks that read this post, but I would like to keep them where they are and point out that that acceptable casting numbers that is listed in the specs comes in at 62 cc's

Last edited by Bill Diehl; 10-31-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #102
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I have seen some replacement heads that have a different chamber. I thought NHRA specified this in the allowable somewhere. That is a conflict. That would be a good question for SRAC with specific examples. I think that is addressed, but I don't know just where. Gee, just when I thought I knew everything, I get this curve. I feel like Kansas City.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #103
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

RE: aluminum radiators, IHRA's allowed them for a long time. Common sense.

RE: Factory classes: We established "FX" classes at the Northern Class Nationals from the beginning. I welcome NHRA's new class structures, and we will utilize these at next year's event. Class Eliminations with no AHFS will be a great show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Eric yes Beard's car will now be in FGT/H. Because it has a new 360 engine combo. I texted Mike yesterday and said how's it feel to run with the big boys now lol.......Just having fun with Mike he took it in stride.
They did me a favor (not just because I make full-color printed decals, either!) I've never been a threat to the other cars in my class, but rather the other way around, since I have very little budget. I'll basically have my own class now, and don't have to worry about heads-up runs, since I rarely if ever see Jeff or Jamie. Also due to the GT separation of FWD and RWD combos, the only people that can really get my HP hit would be Bardekoff or Stancil's car, but the rest of us are holding the average down. Without the fast traditional cars in the class to push people, it's going to take a lot more new cars in order to push each other to get them factored where they belong.

They really ought to tag the Factory indexes, quite a lot honestly. I'd be surprised if they hit 'em with a superficial -.10 on the indexes due to the politics involved, though.

Quote:
The numbers of the new cars will go down
I see zero reason for any new car to quit, nor for any new car being built to be shelved, even if they announced that the Factory indexes would be lowered -.30 (which they won't, anyway).
Old 10-31-2014, 05:22 PM   #104
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

The one thing I'm going to miss about the new cars in my class is making them run hard enough to get instant hp on Monday. Course I sold my car, but we still have Andrew's.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #105
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Greg, your run was the best run of all the older vs new cars.

Jeff, just like the rest of us, you knew this day would be coming.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #106
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Yea these new rules are really going to help stk and SS grow. I can't wait to see all the old times come back out to race. You know the guys that bi$ch about NHRA, new cars and everything else. I bet will see 200 new stk and SS racers come out in 2015. Ha ha

NHRA just kill stock elimantor and do us all a favor and just do away with the class. Then the 25 guys that bi$ch about every little thing can really be happy.

I do find it funny that Larry hill has the balls to bi$ch about under factored indexes and new cars. When he himself went-2.25 under at the big go this year. That just goes to show you some people will bi$ch about anything.

Good luck to all.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #107
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

How is it going to hurt you Charlie?
Old 10-31-2014, 10:06 PM   #108
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Ed it doesn't hurt me. But how is this rule / new classes going to grow stk and SS? This is the real problem we are facing. Making a rule to please 20 to 30 old farts that race 2-3 times a year makes no sense to me. In the past five years the only new blood we have had is new drivers in 2008 and newer cars. If anything stock should up the year to 1979 and newer cars then all the cry baby's can have something to cry about. I have never seen a sport protect old technology like this.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #109
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Charlie,
The old farts that you are bitching, complaining and crybabying about built this sport. You are a Johnny-come-lately compared to the old farts. And we aren't going away anytime soon. So get used to it.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #110
brent flynn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Ed it doesn't hurt me. But how is this rule / new classes going to grow stk and SS? This is the real problem we are facing. Making a rule to please 20 to 30 old farts that race 2-3 times a year makes no sense to me. In the past five years the only new blood we have had is new drivers in 2008 and newer cars. If anything stock should up the year to 1979 and newer cars then all the cry baby's can have something to cry about. I have never seen a sport protect old technology like this.
Im a newbie to Stock, and my car will most likely never see -.8 under , or better...and I'll probably never ever try to qualify at Indy, even though i live 45 mins from the place. That being said, Its not about protecting old technology, its about cars running about 2 or 3 classes lower, than it should. Its not apples to apples. And this letting off at 1000'? Wth is that? Be real men, run the dang thing out, and face the consequences...These guys already know that their HP ratings are BS...
Stockers shouldnt make 900hp.... Just my opinion...hehe

As far as protecting old cars goes, It still seems to me that the % of Stockers are mostly the older cars , so why stick it to those guys?( me being included)