Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #91
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Live From 2016 Winternationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ribeiro View Post
I just saw the re-runs of the Pro's & I was wondering where all the people in the stands were on Sunday ??? I remember it being standing room only the 4-5 time's I attended ? There were more empty spaces than people in the stands?? Looks like NHRA had done a nice job on the event , but were's the Fan base ? Did they increase the ticket prices again ???? Did anybody else notice the empty stands at Pomona ???
That surprised me, too. Most of those Pro Fuel drivers are SoCal folks and California likes to talk about being the birthplace of drag racing and all. After months of no racing - empty seats at the first National event of the new season? What a shame.

Up until last year, the NorthWest Nationals were held on the same weekend as the Seafair unlimited hydroplane race up the road on Lake Washington. It always draws massive crowds, but the stands at Pacific Raceways were still full for the finals on Sunday. Now it's the following weekend, but I didn't notice a difference in attendance. Traffic was better, though.

Dale