HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-23-2022, 09:48 PM   #21
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: The starting Line at the div 3 was really marginal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Here anyone can watch the Super stockers Spin start at 1.50 By the way there is a huge difference in torque vs other cars with my combination amd most higher class cars All the copos spun the Hemis spun and the corvette This is the link to look at the ones who are spinning or not hooking If you do not have the suscription you will not be able to watch
https://www.nhra.tv/watch/div-3-luca...-park-friday-1
Admittedly, I didn’t watch the video. However, I did go to live timing and looked at Q1. I see 1-2 cars that may have had problems, not 75% of the field.

There was nothing wrong with the track. There was at least two runs made in Top Dragster that were sub 6.00. I think there was fast runs made in Top Sportsman. I even think Antron Brown made a half track pass in his Top Fuel car Thursday!

Brad and crew did a great job!
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:57 PM   #22
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 796 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
Admittedly, I didn’t watch the video. However, I did go to live timing and looked at Q1. I see 1-2 cars that may have had problems, not 75% of the field.

There was nothing wrong with the track. There was at least two runs made in Top Dragster that were sub 6.00. I think there was fast runs made in Top Sportsman. I even think Antron Brown made a half track pass in his Top Fuel car Thursday!

Brad and crew did a great job!
They did a great job of trying to prep the track but the stuff they were using I suspect is the same stuff used at Pomona and Vegas which is not PJ1
Superstock is not Top sportsman or top Dragster a totally a different animal for track prep they were using the wrong stuff is the problem

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-23-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:42 PM   #23
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Nick;
I have a graph on every single run for the last 10 years. I have the graph from the last race at Bowling Green which I had a 1.19 60 ft. The car spun a little in the 1 to 2 shift but overall it was a good run,

Now the graph on the race that I Lost at indy when I red-lighted shows the car spinning on the leave as well as a huge spike on the 1to 2 shift also a little amount of spinning down track by the way the tires are fresh. this spinning shows up on the accel G meter and also shows the car spinning as the gs are up and down > if you want I have the graphs on my laptop as well as My phone I can show the condition of the track for the higher HP cars at indy this year was not prepped with the correct glue I just bet on it The glue was different. I am not blaming the track crew just the glue that was being used is worthless not their fault
Old 05-24-2022, 12:03 AM   #24
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Talking Re: The starting Line at the div 3 was really marginal

When I first made a run I actually thought it was my car >
It was not the tires they were fresh, so I thought oh no the converter is gone, then my thoughts were maybe the trans so I looked up How many runs I had on the convertor and the trans but not drastically too many runs on them I think?I have a fresh convertor but my other trans is getting freshening up Then I realized after watching other cars the issue was the track as they were not leaving normal. I watch a lot lol at me
Now I suspect it is the glue that was being used at Indy will see for sure after the first run at Bowling Green if My suspicions are correct about the glue or not. talking is cheap lol
Old 05-25-2022, 05:23 PM   #25
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Adapting to the track conditions is a big part of the game. Or you can just complain about it.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:46 PM   #26
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
Adapting to the track conditions is a big part of the game. Or you can just complain about it.
Correct
By the way, I need some advice I lowered the rpm chip on the leave, adjusted the front shocks and adjusted the rear shocks and changed the tire pressure in the rear tires, move to a different spot on the starting line took the weight off the front? I took a few degrees of timing for a little while, also let me know what else I can do to make the car hook up on a slick track just asking ??? oh by the way the convertor is fresh and the trans is fresh plus the rear tires were new with 5 runs on them I will wait for Your advice I did forget I tried 3 different tire pressures

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-25-2022 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:16 PM   #27
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Correct
By the way, I need some advice I lowered the rpm chip on the leave, adjusted the front shocks and adjusted the rear shocks and changed the tire pressure in the rear tires, move to a different spot on the starting line took the weight off the front? I took a few degrees of timing for a little while, also let me know what else I can do to make the car hook up on a slick track just asking ??? oh by the way the convertor is fresh and the trans is fresh plus the rear tires were new with 5 runs on them I will wait for Your advice
You come to this board to complain often. Perhaps you need a new hobby.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:59 PM   #28
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
You come to this board to complain often. Perhaps you need a new hobby.
That's not bad advice by the way been racing since 1963 and getting too many birthdays lol at me

I really was not complaining I was just pointing out a common problem at the past indy points race with a whole lot of cars spinning.
I do remember in 1977 at Pomona My Super Stocker was not working right so I checked the trans fluid just before I won class I will just double check that at Bowling Green

The common trait at Pomona and Vegas is the glue being used does not work!.

back to the advice do you have any other advice for me to try on a slick track? I will wait for Your advice

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-25-2022 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:01 PM   #29
Bob Sherwood

Liked 329 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Correct
By the way, I need some advice I lowered the rpm chip on the leave, adjusted the front shocks and adjusted the rear shocks and changed the tire pressure in the rear tires, move to a different spot on the starting line took the weight off the front? I took a few degrees of timing for a little while, also let me know what else I can do to make the car hook up on a slick track just asking ??? oh by the way the convertor is fresh and the trans is fresh plus the rear tires were new with 5 runs on them I will wait for Your advice
Hi Don curious- are you running Radials or Bias tires ??
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:58 PM   #30
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sherwood View Post
Hi Don curious- are you running Radials or Bias tires ??
Radials. The issue is the glue being used most of the SS ers spin or left lazy.
Remember I am a starting line snob, a pit space snob, and a hotel snob other than that I am ok lol

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-28-2022 at 03:19 AM.