Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #221
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Default Re: What's wrong with Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Mark, it went the way it is when NHRA did away with winning class and the class winners ran for the eliminator. But without the change to a bracket race format, Stock would have about 20 cars at Indy as opposed to 28 in B/SA (somewhere around there) and nearly 200 total. And as you say your time ended in 87 and I'm sure most folks that remember have the year it ended for them. One thing about Stock and Super Stock is they are dynamic eliminators and will continue to change. The insurance industry tried to kill them in the late 60's and the early 70's, and then emissions took over in the 70's thru the 80's and the EFI and Engine Management revived the high performance models as they are today and run fast on that stuff called gasoline. So what we are seeing in the racing side is a natural based on the factories search for sales on the reviving High Performance. But then some people prefer the old Omni to the Challenger SRT. I think it is great that NHRA is embracing the new cars as opposed to NASCAR with the clone with stickers with all the same motors and ticket sales down 38%. Sure some adjustment to the program for Indy will be in line. I can think of a few ways and I will send that to NHRA in a week or two after I get rested. Bowling Green and Indy hard on an old guy. Or we could just chootem. Alligator season is the month of Sept, so let us know and we will get some Cajuns to handle that.
Jerry savoie pro stock bike has expertise
in gators I have heard if needed...
Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #222
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I think Jerry supplies Guchi (probably spelled wrong) as well as other heavies in that industry. I understand the season is going well this year. Most gators are farm raised like Savoie, but the tv version is more exciting.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #223
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Greg, "Stockers Are Way Cool" no matter what year, make, or model. Super Stockers are cool too, but Stockers Are Way Cool. I think next year I will go the other way and race my 38 Hudson Teraplane, Red, Fastback, 6 inline Red Diamond engine. This year I am committed to staying on the dark side. NHRA has approved the TP with a 354 Hemi with the 2.9 Whipple blower. Runs Z/S. Index is 1.2 lightyears. Looking for Larry Hill with that one.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #224
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What's wrong with Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
I think Jerry supplies Guchi (probably spelled wrong) as well as other heavies in that industry. I understand the season is going well this year. Most gators are farm raised like Savoie, but the tv version is more exciting.
I'll bet Jerry does way better than
t.v. boys even with there t.v. money.
God bless capitalist... Sell them purses,
etc. guchi..