HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 05-22-2020, 03:11 AM   #1
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts
Default New injectors?

How long do they last? I have no idea how long they've been in there. And I am still on the F. I Iearning curve. So last season first test session, we have a starting line stumble never had before After about 3 runs it was gone. I was kicking myself because i remembered I had put some super unleaded in to move the car around during the off season and i was sure they were probably sticky from setting several weeks pump gas in it. So I made sure this off season always had R11 in it . And we started it every now and then. So first test session week ago stumble again . So im thinking about just putting some new ones in.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-22-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,729 Times in 418 Posts
Default Re: New injectors?

If you have even the slightest doubt send your injectors out to be serviced or replace them. Don't wait until you kill the motor....
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:49 AM   #3
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts
Default Re: New injectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
How long do they last? I have no idea how long they've been in there. And I am still on the F. I Iearning curve. So last season first test session, we have a starting line stumble never had before After about 3 runs it was gone. I was kicking myself because i remembered I had put some super unleaded in to move the car around during the off season and i was sure they were probably sticky from setting several weeks pump gas in it. So I made sure this off season always had R11 in it . And we started it every now and then. So first test session week ago stumble again . So im thinking about just putting some new ones in.
I agree with Gump to have them checked out, but look at them closely and carefully when you remove them from the injector rail to see if there is any trash on the top of the injector. Your fuel lines may also be deteriorating if you have no idea how long the injectors have been in there. It might also mean your fuel lines are super old.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked