HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 03-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts
Default What companies are you willing to bail out.

With all the talk about bail out money for large corporations what do you think? I'm all in favor about bail out money for companies that are vital in keeping are country going. But I do believe any company that receives free bail out money should not have anyone on their payroll that makes more than 250,000 this year. You want to see some crazy numbers take a look at what the CEO's of the major Airlines make. It will shock you. I'm sorry I don't want to see my tax money given to a company that the CEO's make millions. BP

Delta's top ten make from 2 mil to 14 mil.

Last edited by B Parker; 03-23-2020 at 08:49 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:59 PM   #2
rboyle

Liked 553 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: What companies are you willing to bail out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
With all the talk about bail out money for large corporations what do you think? I'm all in favor about bail out money for companies that are vital in keeping are country going. But I do believe any company that receives free bail out money should not have anyone on their payroll that makes more than 250,000 this year. You want to see some crazy numbers take a look at what the CEO's of the major Airlines make. It will shock you. I'm sorry I don't want to see my tax money given to a company that the CEO's make millions. BP

I say pass on the cruise ships especially those with "ships registry Bahamas" attached to it. I would also like them to have to spend the money on reinvesting in keeping the jobs here in USA .
rboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:21 AM   #3
Pete Lanciers

Liked 562 Times in 145 Posts

I'm not a proponent of any no strings Bail Outs (...read corporate welfare), now certainly there is industry that needs bolstering during times like we currently endure.

But what ever happened to Federally guaranteed loans that businesses have to repay similar to the arrangement that rescued Chrysler from insolvency in the 80's. The Government's Chrysler Loan Guarantee Board, which supervised the loan guarantees, demanded stock warrants as a quid pro quo for the loan guarantees so that the Government, which took a risk with the loan guarantees at a time when Chrysler seemed headed for bankruptcy, could share in the profit of a Chrysler recovery under Lee Iacocca...

Seems to me like that's good old fashioned capitalism!
Pete Lanciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:26 AM   #4
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

From what I'm seeing and hearing, large corps. aren't going to be receiving "bail out money". They will qualify for "low interest Govt. loans". Big difference.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #5
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Cool Re: What companies are you willing to bail out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post

I don't have any issue loaning $ to corporations provided that they are under the same terms and condititions that we as small business owners are gifted with........and something that easily could be done to ensure that the $ was really needed, and not just wanted.

Officers get to PG(personally guarantee for those that aren't familiar with the ways of the sub 25 million dollar company world) Additional security in the form of a mortgage on their real property...........I think that an amount equal to 5 times last years compensation(in all form, pay, stock, benefits) should be enough to focus them and keep them focused.

So if you are Delta, and you really, really think you need the loan, and have exhausted all of the other forms of $, as the CEO, you'd be looking at a what 70 million dollar PG and lien. That should keep them focused and get that loan repaid ASAP. Default and the IRS will repo that fine country estate.......

Also, to be fair, and perhaps now is the time, CEO's shouldn't be earning more that 10X the lowest paid employee.

Off my soapbox, and back to trying to find small businesses that I understand, can justify the investment in and can aquire at a non-stomach churning price! If that might be yours, PM me.

Eric

Last edited by Eric Merryfield; 03-24-2020 at 10:27 AM. Reason: other thought
Eric Merryfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
astikhossw

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I’m trying to figure out what this has to do with tech.i though subjects like this went to the lounge so a person that didn’t want to see it wouldn’t have to.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #7
Pete Lanciers

Liked 562 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
From what I'm seeing and hearing, large corps. aren't going to be receiving "bail out money". They will qualify for "low interest Govt. loans". Big difference.
Your absolutely right Bill, Big Difference, that was the point of my post... you must have insight into what's currently being negotiated that I do not, because such oversight and control was not in the original bill as presented last week.
Pete Lanciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #8
Paradigm Shift

Liked 80 Times in 29 Posts

Zero bailouts are necessary or prudent.

Sound companies are able to obtain operating capital in loan form if they desire it.

Unsound companies with reasonably viable products or services will be immediately replaced.
Paradigm Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:54 PM   #9
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts

" What companies are you willing to bail out"

Not a one............................people wake up
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:28 PM   #10
bykr

Liked 167 Times in 81 Posts

I agree this doesn't belong in tech. More suited to Facebook.