Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,453 Times in 1,956 Posts
Default "Not Live" from Indy 2014 divisional

Hey Guys,
We are not going to make it to Indy this weekend, but I hope you who are there will go ahead and post and let us know what is going on!

The stars just didn't align well enough to get us there this time, but we do plan on being in Columbus next week for the US Class Nationals.

They should be parking about now in Indy, so let us know what's happening!

Patsy
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
denbreeden

Liked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: "Not Live" from Indy 2014 divisional

Sorry to hear, hopefully someone will step up and take Patsy's job this weekend!

Dennis Breeden
denbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts

We arrived at the track about 3:40 this afternoon. There was no waiting and we breezed right in. The pits are about half full and test and tune seemed to draw quite a few participants. There was a pretty stiff tail wind but I did not hear anyone's opinion on the track prep.

Tomorrow's weather looks to be rain in the morning and a gusty southwest wind, with clearing as the day progresses . The rest of the weekend's weather should allow for the completion of the event.

We saw Mike Beard on our way out with his Super Stocker so he should be able to add some more info when he gets the time.

More tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #4
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Sorry for the delay! Got in about 4pm, and had a TON of work to do as this is only the second time I've seen the car since November. Between the Class Nationals and 4-5 weeks of customer work plus apartment living, I just have no time or place to work on the car. I'm totally not ready, but making an appearance at least. Today's worklist: new seatbelts installed, changed the starter, put my big front tires on, new class/car# decals, and saw Lynn Ellison for Collector Tethers. Since I've got the old school straightpipe collector with the 3-bolt flange, I didn't know exactly what I needed, but Lynn crawled under the car and had a combination for me in a jiffy. I also got to check out his JustNTime transbrake button test bench. He had three buttons set with different springs, shims, etc. I hit each one, not even hooked up to anything, and the last one was visibly, shockingly slow to release. Actually did a double take. They've hit on a perfect balance to accomplish that. I'm a footbraker with a slow leaving car, but if I were in Adger Smith's car again, that button would be just the trick for those 7000 rpm launches.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts

We are sitting in the room waiting for the rain to move out. Judging from the radar it will be at least another hour or so.

I saw Jerry Bennet at the breakfast bar on my way back from walking the dog. He was in great spirits and is an inspiration to me ( I wish my car was as fast as his and, I hope I can still do this for as long as he has).

I don't think anything will start before noon, so until then there is not much to report.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Sorry for the delay! Got in about 4pm, and had a TON of work to do as this is only the second time I've seen the car since November. Between the Class Nationals and 4-5 weeks of customer work plus apartment living, I just have no time or place to work on the car. I'm totally not ready, but making an appearance at least. Today's worklist: new seatbelts installed, changed the starter, put my big front tires on, new class/car# decals, and saw Lynn Ellison for Collector Tethers. Since I've got the old school straightpipe collector with the 3-bolt flange, I didn't know exactly what I needed, but Lynn crawled under the car and had a combination for me in a jiffy. I also got to check out his JustNTime transbrake button test bench. He had three buttons set with different springs, shims, etc. I hit each one, not even hooked up to anything, and the last one was visibly, shockingly slow to release. Actually did a double take. They've hit on a perfect balance to accomplish that. I'm a footbraker with a slow leaving car, but if I were in Adger Smith's car again, that button would be just the trick for those 7000 rpm launches.
So Michael, what else is going on?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote