Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: New nmca class 2017

Just some observations here:

* I would be curious to know the real numbers on how many people will not attend a combo race knowing that there is a chance of a heads up race during eliminations. Especially the heavily populated upper and middle letter classes.

* If the IHRA cars are included ( which they should be), then what happens when the racer has an IHRA combo that has an equivalent NHRA class ? Use the NHRA index or the IHRA index ?

* Maybe the NMCA could have at one of their events an additional special race for the Stk/SS racers...

....a C.I.C. race

Stock finalist vs. SS finalist like Michael Beard had at the Class Nationals
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #12
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,499 Times in 1,967 Posts

Even the worst solution is going to be a good one, 'cause we will have another place to race..
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #13
Terry Knott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Even the worst solution is going to be a good one, 'cause we will have another place to race..
True statement.as long as there isn't a NHRA national/divisional that weekend......that's where the Wally chasers will go.

I've raced NMCA Nostalgia Muscle Car and Open Comp. Fun races, lots of spectators that love street looking/full bodied cars.
Their entry fee for the each class I ran was $175 for the weekend with $750 for a win...with VERY limited contingency.

One rule that should be Implemented/enforced...ALL S/SS competitors should have a NHRA/IHRA permanent number and license. I did email this suggestion to them.

Charley Downing nailed this one...............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing;
"Besides the hard core Class Racers are not racing anything but NHRA with there $15000-$35000 class engines. Because it's all about that mini class wally. "..
Terry Knott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #14
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,741 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Gump
I understand NMCA Technical staff is good but why do you want to overload them.
Did you get torn down at Atlanta this year?
GUMP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 582 Times in 128 Posts

Great to see that it is being considered, anything is a step in the correct direction.

The ASRA has been having heads up races all of the 30 plus years they have been running and if anything it has added to the very successful program.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #16
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

NMCA should collaborate with all the independent S/SS racing associations!
Double up with them for a large race.
IHRA/NHRA rules apply. Heads up if in same class.
Can simply fly rules having an A-Z class by folding similar Indexes into on class.
For example Crate, truck, FWD, Pure Stock into closest comparable ET in Stock.

Maybe an opportunity for NMCA and IHRA to collaborate as well or a few well placed Super Nationals.

So you rent an NHRA track...
About time tracks can have all three associations above to use the same tracks..
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #17
Rusty Gillis

Liked 87 Times in 19 Posts

Just make it easy. All NHRA or IHRA Stock and Super Stock cars are legal. Have class index with .25 between them. Pick a class no weight check or tech inspection just safety.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #18
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

I will likely just run the NMC class as originally planned before this discussion ever came up. The only heads up race I will face will be my index (probably D/NMC) and it will simply come down to operator skill/error.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #19
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 844 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
Just some observations here:

* I would be curious to know the real numbers on how many people will not attend a combo race knowing that there is a chance of a heads up race during eliminations. Especially the heavily populated upper and middle letter classes.

* If the IHRA cars are included ( which they should be), then what happens when the racer has an IHRA combo that has an equivalent NHRA class ? Use the NHRA index or the IHRA index ?

* Maybe the NMCA could have at one of their events an additional special race for the Stk/SS racers...

....a C.I.C. race

Stock finalist vs. SS finalist like Michael Beard had at the Class Nationals
We don't go to many of them for the opposite reasons .. The lack of heads -up runs makes them just a bracket race . We can do that every weekend and only travel 20 miles ... Why in the world, would you want to build a class car, and then be afraid to race class..... I just don't get it . If you get outran, so what? The odds of winning are not that great anyway, . A million things can happen to take you out , right ?
And I think its borderline embarrassing, to try to explain to someone in the lanes, you know, those pesky bracket racers, why your bracket racing with "only" class cars ... As far as their concerned, there can be no other reason, other than we are to good to race with anybody but ourselves ... They ask..." Why not just buy into "Pro ET" ... Now I understand if there are no scales, or its somehow impossible , but in this instance... that is not the case

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 10-26-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #20
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

Their entry fee for the each class I ran was $175 for the weekend with $750 for a win...with VERY limited contingency

I personally would not travel to one of their races for that kind of money, why would anyone race that race? I hate to make it about money, but that is what makes the world turn. Local is $50 to win a $1000 in no box. Here we go again, you add the words "Stock and Super Stock" and the ratio of entry fees doesn't even come close to purse amounts. Even NHRA's entry fees of $165 to win a $1000 is a better deal, which sucks at best.

Just my perspective.
Casey Miles
248H Stock?
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote