HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #31
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: Off season maintenance/upgrades

Dave Not trying to insult you also. I already knew how to set it up. But you need to use parts that are not allowed in Stock or Super Stock. Trying to make a point with everyone that thinks just because you use a Grid or a Race Pak that it's easy to cheat if you so wanted to. I'm sure NHRA's Tec department has had several conversations through the years with MSD and other companies that build ignition components. That's why there is a list of ignition products we can or can't use. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-04-2022, 08:25 AM   #32
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,653 Times in 524 Posts

Nhra can and does check for the arc module. I have been checked 3 times
It’s done on the return road just after a run
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:50 PM   #33
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

Time seems to be flying by since the finals at Pomona. The down time is short out west here. With a busy schedule (and expensive) coming quick. Pomona followed by Phoenix. Then a double header at Phoenix to start the division 7 year. One of my good friends tested his tranny shield at the last race in Las Vegas at the National race. Shipping and parts take much longer to get right now.

Paul Haszlauer
7019 C/SA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0638.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	61724   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0634.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	61725  
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:34 PM   #34
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I’ve been off for several years due to work injury.

But I’ve started collecting parts. Going to change cam/lifters to solid roller. New headers and Performance Welding merge collectors, swapping the TH350 for a metric, oil accumulator, oil pan going to Steph’s for internal work, possibly a windage screen as well, rewire and clean up some stuff, finally going to get wide band and the data recorder working. A bunch of maintenance (valve springs, tires ect) already leaked the engine it’s still good to go. I’ve got all that stuff here except transmission. Probably put it on at least chassis Dyno and some other stuff. Got sorta bad news from Dr today. So I won’t be out in the spring as I had hoped. But I’m determined to run a couple divisional and hopefully a couple bracket races in my other car. With the goal being to get enough grade points this year and next to be able to enter Indy 2023. If I can’t get back in the car myself. I’ve decided instead of selling. I’m going to try being a car owner. And let someone else drive it. Not crazy about that. But don’t want to quit.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote