Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #111
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: 2015 Rules

I would be happy about all of the new classes if I were Jason McCormack, or John Calvert, and any other traditional cars in A-F stick and auto classes in stock. Now, once NHRA gets to indexes, I hope they will:

A. Give all of the current/traditional class indexes their three tenths of a second back, as that would make it better for the older cars running against the newer cars in qualifying too.

B. Return the altitude correction factors to what they were (for Stock and Super Stock), instead of the .90 class factors.

I would prefer both, and based on how Indy was this year, I don't think I should be alone in this thought, because with the AHFS out there, any runs that are 1.25 under the index would trigger the hp factor change anyway. My .02 worth.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #112
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Ed it doesn't hurt me. But how is this rule / new classes going to grow stk and SS? This is the real problem we are facing. Making a rule to please 20 to 30 old farts that race 2-3 times a year makes no sense to me. In the past five years the only new blood we have had is new drivers in 2008 and newer cars. If anything stock should up the year to 1979 and newer cars then all the cry baby's can have something to cry about. I have never seen a sport protect old technology like this.
Charlie that is about one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here . Who are you to*pick on "old farts" and why should it matter to you how much someone races? I am 44 years old been racing for almost 30 years technically I'm one of those old farts. I drive a 1964 Hemi belvedere and would never own a 2008 or newer car. So what your saying is screw James Vignogna his car is old tech so he is out? Give me a break!!!!! I would give both nuts a lung and half my brain to have my " old fart" father alive today to drive his Hemi car again, have some friggin respect. And by the way I have young guys in there twenties building old fart cars.

Last edited by jarn05; 10-31-2014 at 11:14 PM.
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #113
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 503 Times in 126 Posts

So guys like me and say Bill Zaskowski should sell our outdated 66 Chevy II's because were old news?
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #114
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Where's the popcorn

Isn't it funny how the tides have changed. The guys that bought these new cars with soft hp ratings that didn't have to give it any effort to win class anytime they wanted because they had the class covered by .5 now all of a sudden have their panties in a bunch.

I'm 37 years old Charlie Bob and I'm bringing out an 45 year "old technology" car, and since I don't Mr. Hill in my corner to lobby for a hp reduction, it would be lucky to fall out of a tree and run -1.00 under the C or D stick index. There is no way I could come close to competing with any of the new cars that fit in my classes. You new car guys seem pretty pissed off that now you have to show your hand and work on your junk in order to win against the same under factored cars that's been easily dominating for the last 6 years. Karma... I believe is what they call it.

Don't get me wrong I like all the new cars (CJ more so than the others ) but these cars never belonged in Stock to begin with. I believe NHRA got it right. I just hope the indexes follow suit. I actually ordered a 2012 Competition Kit Cobra Jet and canceled my order because after thinking long and hard about it I wanted to earn my peers respect and I wanted the challenge of making a 45 year old combo competitive.

Last edited by 69Cobra; 11-01-2014 at 12:10 AM.
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #115
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Don't worry boys I will always be around the top of the qualifying sheet because I know how to change with the times unlike the rest of you.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #116
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Don't worry boys I will always be around the top of the qualifying sheet because I know how to change with the times unlike the rest of you.
There is some old stuff (with new tech) coming to a track near you. just hold tite
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:40 AM   #117
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
You may be hanging around the top of the sheet for awhile longer but all of us know it will be because you are spending another "Old Fart's" money. The oems and nhra have run this sham many times over the years. The oems may continue to splash around some marketing talk but they are mostly over this nonsense. Enjoy the ride back to obscurity.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #118
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts

I guess Ed Wright and I are OK in Charlie's world,we're old farts with newer F.I. cars. So it's allright for us to run in his eliminator. the underfactored new cars have to beat up on somebody. Get real!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #119
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,453 Times in 1,956 Posts

Charlie I know its Halloween, but please don't allow the sugar to affect your condition. Remember you came to race! Yes I have all of the standard equipment and usually they don't make any noise, but some times they will "clang". I just spoke about the indexes in Factory Showdown and wondered what the new FS classes index would be.

Good luck at the race!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #120
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,790 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Yea these new rules are really going to help stk and SS grow. I can't wait to see all the old times come back out to race. You know the guys that bi$ch about NHRA, new cars and everything else. I bet will see 200 new stk and SS racers come out in 2015. Ha ha
Ya know, take away his trash talk and b##lbusting and Charliebob does have a good point. IMHO we really don't need any more new classes. It's just watering down the gene pool some more. NHRA reacted exactly the way that NHRA always reacts when they create a problem. Instead of admitting to creating a problem and fixing it, they just create another entirely different problem. They should have just taken a step back from the AHFS and fixed all of their factoring mistakes (old and new) in one shot. As it stands now, we are going to wind up with a "segregated" eliminator just like when we had all of the FI classes. The difference being, with the FI classes, when the factors got in line(relatively) they were brought back into the regular classes. That will not be as easily done with these new classes as they are combining sticks and autos and (I'm guessing) changing the indexes.
And maybe I should just keep my opinions to myself seeing as, of all the cars I own, none of them runs higher than P. Oh yeah, there are still some of those factoring mistakes bouncing around that can kick the snot out of my stuff.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote