HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,550 Times in 1,982 Posts
Angry NHRA What Is Wrong With You

A prayer before eliminations, as it should be; The Pledge of allegiance, spot on; no National Anthem offended everyone who has served or a family whose loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice so you could be politically correct. Political correctness is being the best American you can be. Doing that kind of stuff is embarrassing to all of us. And you hide in the not for profit tax structure. If you are not happy living here go somewhere else and if you want to complain please don't do it with your mouth full.

One last question, who was NHRA trying to appease and why?

Last edited by Larry Hill; 07-26-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
1246gitgo, 1matcoman, 2021STK, 63corvette, Alan Nyhus, Bill Marshall, BILL TAYLOR, Billy Nees, Bob Don, Bob Mulry, Bob Wibright, BobbyH, BRETV, BRINK, bykr, Carguy49, Casey Miles, cdh124, corky, Craig Dawson, Dale Hulquist, Dan 1525, Dan Schlieker, Dan Walcott, dannyboy, Dave Gantz, Dave Noll, Dave Ribeiro, david edwards, Demon340, Denny Steward, Don Kennedy, Double-B, dragginlady, Dragrac419, DRAKE VISCOME, Duane Eiskant II, Dwight Southerland, Ed Carpenter, farmco r/sa, FED 387, Floyd Staggs, Frank Castros, GallopinGhost, Greg Reimer 7376, GTX JOHN, Irace007, Isaac Zane, J D Parker, Jakeman, James Perrone, Jerry Terry, JHeath, Jim Hanig, Jim Parsons, Joe Marcinowski, John Dinkel, kansas stocker, Keith Bennett, Ken MacNicol, KevinMelhorn, kwm, Marty Knox, Marty Rinehart Jr, mike wharram, mikeloge, mopacltd, MR DERBY CITY, Nick Heath, Nmbr1GMfan, novassdude, Pinballer, quickford1, R4404, Randy Wells, Rich Aman, Rich Horn, rick winchester, Roberte, Rod Greene, Ronnie Charnes, RPM5595, rtaylor3410, RTRobinson, Sam M, Sam Murray, sammy pizzolato, stage1scott, stang321, steven reynolds, Terry Cain, Wayne Scraba, XSTOCKER, ZenzenRacing
Old 07-26-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,721 Times in 1,307 Posts
Default Re: NHRA What Is Wrong With You

Don’t know if it was a NHRA or D -5 call....Attention NHRA, please DO NOT follow NASCARS lead,.....It will NOT work out well for you...
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #3
Jerry Terry

Liked 450 Times in 133 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NHRA What Is Wrong With You

Its hard for me to believe in todays world with all the men and women that are giving their
life to serve our country that we have people and companies that don't support them by playing the Anthem and Standing for the it and the flag its not the AMERICA I grew up in.
God Bless all the men and women and their families that have served and the ones that are serving now !

Jerry
Retired 3490 3492 STK SS SST
Jerry Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NHRA What Is Wrong With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
A prayer before eliminations, as it should be; The Pledge of allegiance, spot on; no National Anthem offended everyone who has served or a family whose loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice so you could be politically correct. Political correctness is being the best American you can be. Doing that kind of stuff is embarrassing to all of us. And you hide in the not for profit tax structure. If you are not happy living here go somewhere else and if you want to complain please don't do it with your mouth full.

One last question, who was NHRA trying to appease and why?
Well said. Thanks Larry. God Bless America.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:23 PM   #5
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Really hard to understand what is happening to our great country.
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:35 PM   #6
CMcAllister

Liked 760 Times in 211 Posts

Hope it was the result of a malfunctioning recording or a failed piece of equipment necessitating the Pledge of Allegiance in it's place. Will be following this.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:53 PM   #7
Randy Wells

Liked 1,014 Times in 308 Posts

I know Rob Parks, and he would never make this call, had to be a malfunction or a call from the front office.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:54 PM   #8
NHRA3106

Liked 132 Times in 32 Posts
Smile Re: NHRA What Is Wrong With You

Our country isn’t perfect, but still the best country in the world! I have always been proud to hear the National Anthem of the United States of America. I feel as though the thugs of this country are controlling us, and we are letting it happen. Race, or ethnicity has nothing to do with it. I am a proud supporter of Donald Trump, as I am a registered republican, but nothing makes me any more mad than people bashing him. I NEVER once bashed any president of any party. I want ALL of them to succeed and lead us in a way we can be proud of. With that said, that doesn’t mean we have to agree with everything they stand for. I wish we had a Love It or Leave it mentality, our country has become too soft. We need to remember...United We Stand, Divided We Fall! Just my 2 cents.

Kevin
NHRA3106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:54 AM   #9
RKelliher

Liked 155 Times in 52 Posts

Well said Larry and Kevin. I love this country and hate seeing a small group of people trying to take control. We need to stop being silent and show the rest of the country how proud we are to live in the greatest country in the world.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #10
Ronnie Hamlin

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

The old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes to mind as a small extremely vocal minority is squeaking loudly. It is time for the great silent majority to be heard. Most people could learn from drag racers as a whole as you won't find a group of people that respect and look out for each other any better than the drag racing family no matter what their race, background, or economic situation.
Ronnie Hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote