HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Car Count

Evan I wasn't bashing nhra just stating the difference in car counts When they ran class.
They used to run both stock and superstock. Then switched to one or the other, then did away with them totally.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Smith View Post
Dan,

Unfortunately, I am missing the race this weekend due to a bad cold. Unemployment is over 14 percent in Tampa, where I happen to live, and the overall economy has been hit hard in Florida. You can go to a Lightning (NHL Hockey) game down here for $44, and that gets you two tickets, two beers, two hot dogs and a parking pass. That is unheard of in the northeast. Gas prices are high, etc. Why do people always want to comment about the obvious, or is this just another attempt to get on the bash-NHRA train?

We all know that the NHRA isn't perfect, we really get it, no business is. But most of us who want to race will go and race. If you don't want to race then stay home, it's really pretty simple, no commentary is needed.

Virtually every business in the US is suffering. Gee, let's start a thread about IBM not selling as many computers in 2011, or McDonalds not selling as many burgers.

Really?

Evan

Evan just a little info on IBM:

In the fourth quarter of 2010, IBM's mainframe sales were the best that company has seen in six years. and they helped drive the company's sales up to $99.9bn, an increase of 4 per cent compared to the year before

Also a great stock play in 2009 with a low in the mid $80.00's.

Every business is going to have some pro's and con's about it. I think what some people are trying to state hear is that the back bone of the nhra are the sportsman racers who most likely will be part of that 14% who are unemployed. Instead of making it easier for them to race while the economy is in the sh!tter they seem to be making it harder. I do not agree with the nhra's business plan. Every industry in the US has been either cutting prices, offering discounts, and doing whatever they can to attract people, what has the NHRA done. Im not bashing the NHRA (im actually thinking of coming back out to race) but look at the facts, gas is rising, entry fee's rising but income and employment are down. Will people still show up and race, sure they will, will the counts be like before, i doubt it.

Like i have said many times before life is not fair but we are not here for a long time so make it a good time!!!

Last edited by AC; 02-19-2011 at 11:08 AM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #13
Evan Smith

Liked 94 Times in 4 Posts

Anthony, perhaps IBM was a bad example, especially since the IBM computer kicked butt on Jeopardy the other night. But you get my point.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #14
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Smith View Post
Anthony, perhaps IBM was a bad example, especially since the IBM computer kicked butt on Jeopardy the other night. But you get my point.

i hear you loud and clear Evan, being in the construction industry in NYC i understood where you were going!
AC is offline   Reply With Quote