HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts
Default Re: Class Contingency

Of coarse Graham Light is gonna want class money.
If there is no pay for class thats less money foe NHRA
If he lets them out of paying class its less for NHRA budget.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

The solution for the people with the oddball class cars that like to single for a class win is build 2 of the same car. Then you run against your own car (with the wife friend or hired driver) You will not need to worry about getting thrown into the combined class and do not have to go .50 under to win.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #13
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Class Contingency

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
the solution for the people with the oddball class cars that like to single for a class win is build 2 of the same car. Then you run against your own car (with the wife friend or hired driver) you will not need to worry about getting thrown into the combined class and do not have to go .50 under to win.
lol.......
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #14
CycloneFE

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Ed, you hit on a great idea. Get magnetic or removable decals, when you run "class", no decals. Re apply decals for the race or the only time you get paid contingency.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneFE View Post
Ed, you hit on a great idea. Get magnetic or removable decals, when you run "class", no decals. Re apply decals for the race or the only time you get paid contingency.
I would only have the few decals that I know will pay me. I've been told magnetic decals are not legal.Personally I say screw some of the so called sponsors.A few stiffed me on my Atco divisional win.Weld wheels in particular.They go bankrupt,fail to pay their debts,are exemted from all or most of their debt,then come back as Greg Weld Wheels.Plain and simple **** him.I still have the decal on my car with a big black line through it.People ask why and I tell them why.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
Brad Zaskowski

Liked 80 Times in 18 Posts

Nice thread hijack guys!
Here I was thinking there would be two pages of posts listing class contingency paying companies for 2011. Nice thought anyway, I should have known this would end up in a bitchfest about companies that worked to save class racing.
I personally would like to thank Comp Cams for being such a great contingency sponsor that has supported Stock and Super Stock class racing for many years.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Zaskowski View Post
Nice thread hijack guys!
Here I was thinking there would be two pages of posts listing class contingency paying companies for 2011. Nice thought anyway, I should have known this would end up in a bitchfest about companies that worked to save class racing.
I personally would like to thank Comp Cams for being such a great contingency sponsor that has supported Stock and Super Stock class racing for many years.
Brad,how many companies that ae stickered on your car do you have a favorable opinion about?As in paying on time,paying at all,having to chase or just plain stiffing you?
After all,your sticker display on your car is free advertising for them.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
I would only have the few decals that I know will pay me. I've been told magnetic decals are not legal.Personally I say screw some of the so called sponsors.A few stiffed me on my Atco divisional win.Weld wheels in particular.They go bankrupt,fail to pay their debts,are exemted from all or most of their debt,then come back as Greg Weld Wheels.Plain and simple **** him.I still have the decal on my car with a big black line through it.People ask why and I tell them why.
Ed. Magnetic decals are all I used for years. How do you think I could drive to Florida, from New York and race the car? They added 26 pounds to the car. I lent a pair to a SS car a few years ago. They held on fine at 140 mph.
It's not just the decals though. Let's find out who is supporting us and who isn't and vote with our wallets. I might not use a product on my car, but if they supported class racing.
I would try to use them. I still will, And those that I don't feel support I will make sure not to buy anything. Believe or not this works out for me. Mopar paid me contingency so I went out and bought a brand new Chrysler 300 (do you think it worked for Mopar?).
I got terrible customer service from an ECU company. So far I have convinced 7 people to run the unit I'm running. They are all happy with it. And are talking about it to others.
This kind of stuff works. You just have to know who is who.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #19
Mike Walter

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Brad,how many companies that ae stickered on your car do you have a favorable opinion about?As in paying on time,paying at all,having to chase or just plain stiffing you?
After all,your sticker display on your car is free advertising for them.
Ed,

To backup what Brad said about Comp Cams, I can truthfully say I qualified for 11,700.00 worth of NHRA & Contingency awards from winning SS at Norwalk in 2010. I recieved ALL OF IT. Did I have to have a few conversations with manufactures' pertaining to serial numbers, receipts, etc. ......sure. But at the end of the day....the system worked for me. All money was paid by October.

Just my .02....... Thanks to all the companies for your participation!
Mike Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #20
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Walter View Post
Ed,

To backup what Brad said about Comp Cams, I can truthfully say I qualified for 11,700.00 worth of NHRA & Contingency awards from winning SS at Norwalk in 2010. I recieved ALL OF IT. Did I have to have a few conversations with manufactures' pertaining to serial numbers, receipts, etc. ......sure. But at the end of the day....the system worked for me. All money was paid by October.

Just my .02....... Thanks to all the companies for your participation!
This is what I am saying. If you are happy with the company buy their product, promote the product etc.
It's all about advertising.