HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Have you seen this

I was on DRO tonight and saw this. Thought you Stock/ Super Stock would like to read it.

http://dragracingonline.com/analysis...ingency-1.html
Old 02-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Jimi B

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have you seen this

Did Graham Light write this? Hahah
Jimi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

In that article the Comp Cam guy said they paid out $70K in 2010 for S/SS.He said that
he simply didn’t see enough benefit to the company to justify that amount.
Well if enough guys didn't like that attitude and said,maybe I'll go to Bullet and get my stuff,how long would the loss of $70K in sales take?That and the fact that those cars took off the decals(free advertising for the sponsor) and the tax brake that they get on their tax return.
I don't begrudge a business making a profit,but making your customers feel like second class citizens shouldn't be part of your business plan.The second class citizen part is the guys who happen to be in a class that has a single run.
It would be nice,as Artie asked on another thread,to know who the PAAC members are.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #4
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

One example of working every angle is some Stock and Super Stock racers looking at national event pre-entry lists and then adding a little weight or making some other minor change so they can enter more than one class with the same car. Doing that could assure that racer the class winner money

I copied this from the article, Where in the world did this guy get his info ?
How is it possible to enter the same car in two classes ? lol
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Have you seen this

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Aceves View Post
One example of working every angle is some Stock and Super Stock racers looking at national event pre-entry lists and then adding a little weight or making some other minor change so they can enter more than one class with the same car. Doing that could assure that racer the class winner money

I copied this from the article, Where in the world did this guy get his info ?
How is it possible to enter the same car in two classes ? lol
The wording is a little funky. I believe he means those who jump around from class to class during a season. Remember that you can go up a class and down a class from the natural wt break. Thats one good reason to just allow the one "natural class" to be run only and not be allowed to remove or add so much wt. to run 3 different classes. One pound wt breaks would stop a lot of these silly games.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 02-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Dragracingonline is just about as much of a mouthpiece for NHRA as National Dragster is.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
The wording is a little funky. I believe he means those who jump around from class to class during a season. Remember that you can go up a class and down a class from the natural wt break. Thats one good reason to just allow the one "natural class" to be run only and not be allowed to remove or add so much wt. to run 3 different classes. One pound wt breaks would stop a lot of these silly games.
Terry, I disagree that such a strategy is "silly games". It's just good judgement on the part of racers who are competing against those with advantages in terms of their factor or simply the resources to optimize their combo. It's vastly cheaper to compete and survive a heads up run, for instance if I had a natural "A" car I sure would want to add some weight if the field was loaded with DP's and CJ's.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

I also agree to disagree, Its not possible for someone to tell what class your competition or what class has no cars from the Entry list, You do not have to designate your class till Tech ! you can register in any frign class you want till Tech ! This just seems to be a lame excuse for what is going on and a complete lack of knowledge and imformation from this bonehead article. To me this article just pisses me off more than I already am about this whole deal. So should we just be kissing the ground they walk on for saving our A-S. Us Pontiac racers would be lucky to make 150$ from a class win for years,
And what RACERS are on this PAAC ? like he states ?
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Aceves View Post
I also agree to disagree, Its not possible for someone to tell what class your competition or what class has no cars from the Entry list, You do not have to designate your class till Tech ! you can register in any frign class you want till Tech ! This just seems to be a lame excuse for what is going on and a complete lack of knowledge and imformation from this bonehead article. To me this article just pisses me off more than I already am about this whole deal. So should we just be kissing the ground they walk on for saving our A-S. Us Pontiac racers would be lucky to make 150$ from a class win for years,
And what RACERS are on this PAAC ? like he states ?
Bob thats why I want a list of those on paac. So I can vote with my wallet.
Seems like only one manufacturer and zero racers have the guts to come forward.
And these are supposed to be the people representing ME??????
Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
RJ Sledge

Liked 249 Times in 79 Posts

Re-read Scooter Brothers quote on the amount of money that was paid by them. Its not just Comp Cams that paid out almost $70K, its "The Comp Performance Group" that paid out that amount. Who or what is the Comp Performance Group you ask. It consists of the following Companies:

Comp Cams

TCI

Fast

Quartermaster

RHS

Zex

Power House Products

U-Thunderand

and other Companies

Google it.

And I am like most of you, who are the other Companies and Racers involved with the PAAC? Would be nice to know who is on the board so we could contact them with our concerns/appreciation and such. You would think they would want to hear from the racers themselves wouldn't you? Oh, but they have racers involved already.

I am not bashing, I appreciate all the help and considerations that Scooter and the rest are bringing to the table, but sure would like for them to be able to get both sides of the issue explained to them so they could get a better grasp of where we are coming from. Not saying that Graham Light is the bad guy here, just not sure he fully understands the situation and concerns from the Class Racers side of it.

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote