HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 10-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #11
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts
Default Re: Wake up time for some here...

[QUOTE=Eddies66;650625]I will give you Carter, but Obama inherited Bush’s mess…FACT. Thank your family for their service, what was your excuse…bone spurs! Who benefits from higher oil prices, the shareholders and they are they are talking $200 a

Share holders have nothing to do with it. Number of leases have nothing to do with it. If the government won't let you build pipelines to and from refineries it is not economical to drill or produce. The shear volume of product able to move through a pipeline is beyond your comprehension. It's not feasible or cost effective to truck it.

I graduated during the Carter years....fjb would be proud of what inflation did to the country then if he could remember back that far. I talked with an Air Force recruiter. Told my folks what I was thinking about doing. Dad said not to do it he had been there and done that. He said there were to many incompetent "not what you know but who you bl*w" idiots running things. I took his advice. 70yrs after his service ended it still holds true. We all got to watch it with Afghanistan.

I have to add. Only 1 of my afore mentioned veteran relatives is still with us, my son in-law. Him and his fellow Marine veterans are not the least bit impressed with what is going on with this country. Their friends lives were taken for this fjb s*it show?

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 10-24-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #12
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

[QUOTE=Grey Ghost;650632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
I will give you Carter, but Obama inherited Bush’s mess…FACT. Thank your family for their service, what was your excuse…bone spurs! Who benefits from higher oil prices, the shareholders and they are they are talking $200 a

Share holders have nothing to do with it. Number of leases have nothing to do with it. If the government won't let you build pipelines to and from refineries it is not economical to drill or produce. The shear volume of product able to move through a pipeline is beyond your comprehension. It's not feasible or cost effective to truck it.

I graduated during the Carter years....fjb would be proud of what inflation did to the country then if he could remember back that far. I talked with an Air Force recruiter. Told my folks what I was thinking about doing. Dad said not to do it he had been there and done that. He said there were to many incompetent "not what you know but who you bl*w" idiots running things. I took his advice. 70yrs after his service ended it still holds true. We all got to watch it with Afghanistan.

I have to add. Only 1 of my afore mentioned veteran relatives is still with us, my son in-law. Him and his fellow Marine veterans are not the least bit impressed with what is going on with this country. Their friends lives were taken for this fjb s*it show?
You missed the mark on “shareholders” and companies responsibility to them….Capitolism 101. Canadian pipelines? Really, who profits from that? Ask your son in law about the writings of Smedley Butler and his thoughts on the industrial-military complex. Ever wonder who benefits from war, it ain’t the poor bastards down in the trenches.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #13
Grey Ghost

[QUOTE=Eddies66;650636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post

You missed the mark on “shareholders” and companies responsibility to them….Capitolism 101. Canadian pipelines? Really, who profits from that? Ask your son in law about the writings of Smedley Butler and his thoughts on the industrial-military complex. Ever wonder who benefits from war, it ain’t the poor bastards down in the trenches.
When you get your head out of your a** don't forget to put your mask on.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:16 PM   #14
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts

This thread has the makings of "whose dick is bigger". Don't forget Big Mike and Rachel Levine.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:01 PM   #15
Eddies66
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Grey Ghost;650639]
Quote:

When you get your head out of your a** don't forget to put your mask on.
Is that the very best you can do? Semper fi
Old 10-24-2021, 10:49 PM   #16
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,419 Times in 1,683 Posts

Quote:
https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

When did any President have control over gas prices?
Eddie, Nobody there thinks FJB called up the oil companies and said my far left kook base wants me to raise gas prices, so do it..now.
Fact is presidential policies do cause inflation and deflation..Remove that worthless turd Carter? Or is oil /gas immune? Just lumber, groceries?
Besides, in politics, perception is reality...Hold onto your socks a year from now!!
Old 10-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #17
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Eddie, Nobody there thinks FJB called up the oil companies and said my far left kook base wants me to raise gas prices, so do it..now.
Fact is presidential policies do cause inflation and deflation..Remove that worthless turd Carter? Or is oil /gas immune? Just lumber, groceries?
Besides, in politics, perception is reality...Hold onto your socks a year from now!!
Mark, I agree and disagree. These are simple supply and demand issues. Examples are cars, you can’t find what you want because of shortage in material and computer chips. Prices are high about $5k from last year. Independent truckers went out of business because the slow down. During the hacking of the oil system in New Jersey, we had oil, just no way of getting it to the customer, no trucks. Lumber, no trucks, food, no trucks and no water. Crap coming in from China, again no trucks. The up side is interest rates are low, when that starts going north than we have a problem. Oil on the other hand far outpaced the 5% inflation rate, why is that?
Old 10-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #18
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,419 Times in 1,683 Posts

Yes, I agree. There are many mysterious factors that affect the price of a barrel of oil .
It doesn't matter though . People see Biteme shutting down the Keystone in one of his first acts..Gas all gets lumped in with other commodities in the public's view.
One out of 5 independents that voted FJB ,wouldn't right now.
Trump would win in a landslide today...in a fair and clean election.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:55 PM   #19
Grey Ghost

Quote:
Mark, I agree and disagree. These are simple supply and demand issues. Examples are cars, you can’t find what you want because of shortage in material and computer chips. Prices are high about $5k from last year. Independent truckers went out of business because the slow down. During the hacking of the oil system in New Jersey, we had oil, just no way of getting it to the customer, no trucks. Lumber, no trucks, food, no trucks and no water. Crap coming in from China, again no trucks. The up side is interest rates are low, when that starts going north than we have a problem. Oil on the other hand far outpaced the 5% inflation rate, why is that?
Why are there no trucks?
Old 10-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #20
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts

Last edited by Tim H; 10-25-2021 at 04:11 PM.
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote