HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #111
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: L.A. mayor considers banning outdoor sports.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
All right guys, time to dial it back a notch....This Covid bull crap has everyone on edge....It does AMAZE me how BRAVE some of you guys are while sitting behind your keyboard. You know who you are...LOL.....someday this will all be over and we can get back to racing.....
I'm a nice guy in real life, I just find my fuse is shorter in the internet LOL But even then I would never resort to name calling. It's just a sign of immaturity and not having a decent argument.

Last edited by Steve Polhill; 04-29-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Steve Polhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #112
Steve Polhill

[QUOTE=Rod Greene;612659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
I just don't know how one can put percentages on human lives. 98% survival rate sounds pretty good........unless you are in the other 2%.[/QUOTE

Where is the outrage against smokers kills 30% obesity, high blood pressure the flu is more deadly. No one wants to be in the 2% but if you are a fat smoker with high blood pressure it is probably a lot higher than that. If you take care of your body this virus is nothing.
OK using the logic that Covid-19 has only a 2% mortality rate. Due to the Very contagious nature of Covid, without measures in place to stop the spread it is likely that 100% of the planet would contract it in some form. With a world population of over 7.5 Billion, that means that at a 2% mortality rate over 150 MILLION people would die. More than every war EVER, the Holocaust and Gods great flood combined. and all within a few year span. Talk all you want about heart disease, High Blood pressure or Obesity. But none of those are contagious. You can't give me heart disease by sneezing on me, and the normal flu is only a 10th as contagious as Covid. Not to mention there is outrage about obesity, heart disease etc, but 90% of that is self inflicted. To change that you have to change people. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Steve Polhill; 04-29-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Steve Polhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:42 PM   #113
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

[QUOTE=Steve Polhill;613512]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Greene View Post

OK using the logic that Covid-19 has only a 2% mortality rate. Due to the Very contagious nature of Covid, without measures in place to stop the spread it is likely that 100% of the planet would contract it in some form. With a world population of over 7.5 Billion, that means that at a 2% mortality rate over 150 MILLION people would die. More than every war EVER, the Holocaust and Gods great flood combined. and all within a few year span. Talk all you want about heart disease, High Blood pressure or Obesity. But none of those are contagious. You can't give me heart disease by sneezing on me, and the normal flu is only a 10th as contagious as Covid. Not to mention there is outrage about obesity, heart disease etc, but 90% of that is self inflicted. To change that you have to change people. Good luck with that.
Thank you Steve for a very intelligent and incisive post.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:12 PM   #114
RJ Sledge

Liked 248 Times in 79 Posts

Chicken Little had nothing on some of you....get a grip

The common flue has taken over 4000 lives in Virginia in the last 4 months and less than 250 lives have been lost to Covid-19 in same time period.

Hospitals that list Covid-19 in "factors attributed to demise" get extra $$$$$ from Gov.
Less than .0037 percent chance of contracting Covid-19 in California.

Lets get on with it before its too late to "recover"

RJ
RJ Sledge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #115
Steve Polhill

I’ve lost 4 good friends directly to COVID. Weeks in intensive care, in a coma with a tube down your throat so you can breathe. That’s no way to leave this world. I also have two Nurse friends that commute from Canada to Detroit everyday to help in their hospitals because they are overrun with COVID cases. So I’m sorry if I don’t buy into you theory of all is wonderful, or that this has been blown out of proportion by hospitals looking for more money.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:30 AM   #116
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Polhill View Post
I’ve lost 4 good friends directly to COVID. Weeks in intensive care, in a coma with a tube down your throat so you can breathe. That’s no way to leave this world. I also have two Nurse friends that commute from Canada to Detroit everyday to help in their hospitals because they are overrun with COVID cases. So I’m sorry if I don’t buy into you theory of all is wonderful, or that this has been blown out of proportion by hospitals looking for more money.

Truly sorry to hear about your friends Steve. Some hospitals and doctors in America unfortunately may be put out of business by this crisis.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #117
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Interesting Read.

Stan

Work of Los Alamos scientists suggests COVID-19 can turn really bad again much faster than it got better

Los Alamos scientists estimated how fast the curve is flattened in 51 countries. They determined that arbitrarily re-opening societies can allow COVID-19 to undo that progress much faster than it took to achieve it. Widespread testing would help to manage the difference.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/work-o...&cid=717806076
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #118
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
The 25,000 to 69,000 numbers that Trump cited do not represent counted flu deaths per year; they are estimates that the CDC produces by multiplying the number of flu death counts reported by various coefficients produced through complicated algorithms. These coefficients are based on assumptions of how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths they believe went unreported. In the last six flu seasons, the CDC’s reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths—that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus—has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620, which far lower than the numbers commonly repeated by public officials and even public health experts.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #119
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
You're welcome Bruce; you and I are in complete agreement regarding COVID-19 and several other things that I won't mention here.
Let me correct you, its NOT covid 19, it the WUHAN virus.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #120
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP HUNTER View Post
Let me correct you, its NOT covid 19, it the WUHAN virus.
I will call it what I prefer to call it which is COVID 19.

Last edited by Superfan1; 05-02-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Superfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote