Only winning a class round #1 with rules 26 43.33%
Doesnt matter a win is a win 18 30.00%
BOTH are equal 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
Matt Welker

Liked 67 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Class versus brackets winning a round

I got a few of those Class (not eliminator) Wally trophies, can you get one of those bracket racing? Please tell me where. I don't remember any shoe polish on my car during those Class runs, was I bracket racing? I'm confused......

If its just a bracket race, what am I doing wrong? Someone, please help. I lost a few of them "heads up" rounds this year during the eliminator, was it because I didn't have any shoe polish on the window for those runs? Since it's just a bracket race, someone please help me with my dial in my next heads up run, please..........pretty please....Also, I can't figure out how the other person broke out more, going further under that dial/index line on the time slip, and still beat me in a "bracket race"....maybe I should just give this **** up....its too confusing.....

When I go to a race with Class, I go to win Class first, then the eliminator (sorry Billy, but on the bright side there are still some young racers still performance oriented or maybe we just hate our money). Some chose differently and that is fine, some have different goals, but it isn't just a bracket race. There were lots of heads up runs this year for the guys chasing points that had a real impact, just like the previous year.
Matt Welker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Welker View Post
I got a few of those Class (not eliminator) Wally trophies, can you get one of those bracket racing? Please tell me where. I don't remember any shoe polish on my car during those Class runs, was I bracket racing? I'm confused......

If its just a bracket race, what am I doing wrong? Someone, please help. I lost a few of them "heads up" rounds this year during the eliminator, was it because I didn't have any shoe polish on the window for those runs? Since it's just a bracket race, someone please help me with my dial in my next heads up run, please..........pretty please....Also, I can't figure out how the other person broke out more, going further under that dial/index line on the time slip, and still beat me in a "bracket race"....maybe I should just give this **** up....its too confusing.....

When I go to a race with Class, I go to win Class first, then the eliminator (sorry Billy, but on the bright side there are still some young racers still performance oriented or maybe we just hate our money). Some chose differently and that is fine, some have different goals, but it isn't just a bracket race. There were lots of heads up runs this year for the guys chasing points that had a real impact, just like the previous year.
Nice post Matt!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #23
Pedigo Perf

Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts

Like second round with Bridgewater and Cummings at Vegas. May have saved Burton's bacon!
Pedigo Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Well said Matt.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #25
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Matt,
You make some good points. HEADS UP is HEADS UP no way around it, but when you put shoe polish on the window it's still a bracket race.

THose class win Wallys are neat too, but you can get a wally or "iron girl" at bracket races now. I have 21 from IHRA races ranging from bracket races, division races,National events, Division champs, and World champs.
IHRA does'nt give wallys for class wins they give plaques. I've got boxes of those too. Got my first one in 1980.
Guys don't get me wrong. I love class cars. I have all the respect in the world for those of you that do that kind of racing. I just wish you would show bracket racers the same.
Chip Johnson
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #26
Pedigo Perf

Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
Matt,
You make some good points. HEADS UP is HEADS UP no way around it, but when you put shoe polish on the window it's still a bracket race.

THose class win Wallys are neat too, but you can get a wally or "iron girl" at bracket races now. I have 21 from IHRA races ranging from bracket races, division races,National events, Division champs, and World champs.
IHRA does'nt give wallys for class wins they give plaques. I've got boxes of those too. Got my first one in 1980.
Guys don't get me wrong. I love class cars. I have all the respect in the world for those of you that do that kind of racing. I just wish you would show bracket racers the same.
Chip Johnson
There is something extra exciting about a heads-up race, first to the finish line wins. It's like a little slice of Pro Stock for the sportsman racer.
Pedigo Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #27
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
Bill,
Compare apples to apples here.
There are stockers for sale all day long and the majority are $20,000 up for a 9 inch tire no-electronics race car.
A 9 inch tire bracket car is half that price.

Yes a 4.50-5.50 bracket car will cost you much more than that. I will give you that point in the argument.

Let me ask you a question. When you converted over to a BBC how much did that motor cost you? In fact I think you have one for sale don't you. I will bet you 75% of the no electronics cars around here cost less than your motor!!!
And that right there is half the reason it worries me to go bracket racing sometimes. There is some serious junk at most local tracks, I'm not saying all are or even 20%, but there are some cars that I flat out wouldn't want in the other lane. I have never, not even once felt that way in Stock or SS.

For me building a bracket car is easy, follow less than a page worth of safety rules and that's it. What's the fun in that??? Class racers get as much enjoyment out of their cars themselves as they do driving them. I'm not saying that bracket racing is easy, just that mechanically, they are easy. No challenge at all. Hell i could have a nice C5 corvette to drive every day, that would be a great bracket car.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #28
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How many of you guys would class race if you had to win class to race on Sunday the way it was back in the good ole days?

I remember those days.

I bet a lot of you don't.

I also bet you would put street tires on those Camaros and Novas and show up at the Local Sonic on Saturday night instead of trying to out run those DP's and CJ's
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #29
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Chad,
I agree.
Chip
Old 12-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #30
Ed Fernandez