HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Charlie Ford

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Houston Schedule!

Anybody interested in the schedule for this weekend can go to http://www.nhradiv4.com
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 965 Times in 63 Posts

I missed seeing the rain date listed. Has anyone heard if and when sportsman will get race if Staurday is a washout?

I believe Dallas is the following week, Belle Rose the week after, Atlanta the following, St. Louis the one after that, etc.

And as I understand from friends that are still there, the place is worse than it was on Sunday, and many, many rigs are still buried in the field.

Lets hear it for Vegas, Pomona, Englishtown, etc.

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Charlie Ford

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dan, I moved my rig yesterday onto the pavement. Several racers have already done that. Ground conditions had improved, but I still had to be pulled out, and I was in a better place than you. It was about 2 PM and they said they would be pulling rigs out 'till 5. I know that some racers that were in the really bad stuff have gotten out. We got a touch of rain overnight so that didn't help. I'm trying to find out about what happens if it rains Sat (30% chance now). In other words, would they use Easter Sun. I'll post as soon as I hear something. If I can do anything to help, let me know. That goes for anybody!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
Larry Sullivan

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Charlie,

Baytown got dumped on again today - wind and rain, very heavy. Anything that wasn't pulled out before today is probably really buried now.

I have no idea what the fallback plan is if we get more rain this weekend - right now, Weather Undeground is showing a 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday.

In case I haven't mentioned - rain sux!!

- Larry

- Larry
Larry Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
grant racing

Charlie, Have any of the rigs that were at the end of the baddest road been pulled out. We were told that no one would be allowed to move. Can you update us on when conditions are favorable to returning and being able to move our rigs? If I had known that rigs were being moved, I would have been there.
I beleive that Craig is making the decision today about what to do. I don't see anyway for our rig and some close to us being able to get out even if they deceided to have the race. I am glad that you and some others were able to get out. We are in the worst place possible and unless the road is extended I don't see any way for us to move.
Richard

Old 04-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
Shane Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fletch u gotta think positive dude. your right it doesnt look good and no openings in the schedule except for thursday or friday of BELLE ROSE (HINT HINT)
As far as rigs pulled out I know undercover Kurt Damron was the very last rig on the row where the Lucas trailer was parked got pulled out sometime Monday.
I vote for changing it to racing Friday until completed, but Im sure there is probably one person who plans getting in Saturday morning making one time run and racing so I guess that wont happen.
I would like to know what the plan is if it does rainout again.
Shane Carr

Shane Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
Shane Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The facility is drying and we are in the process of getting all of the vehicles to the asphalt. As of 10am we are still on schedule to finish the event on Friday and Saturday. There will be a test n tune from 1-6pm on Friday and we will start at 9am on Saturday with a time run and then first round of eliminations. We will continue to post any updates on the site

Maybe this can be positive news from the D4 website

Shane Carr

Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 965 Times in 63 Posts

Shane,

I totally agree...give a couple of time runs on Friday and then race until it's done. But you're right, I'm sure some folks (very few) are planning on just showing up for the one run on Saturday. To be perfectly honest, I'd like to be one of them, but with the weather forecast, you're almost forced to be there early.

So I guess we'll make all the time runs you've ever wanted on Friday, and then sit in the rain on Saturday. I know, I know...it's only 50% probability of rain.

Kind of like at Noble last year when Sunday was a guaranteed monsoon and we quit running time trials Saturday night at around 6pm and went to dinner.

See the brick wall...run into the brick wall...brilliant!

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
grant racing

Shane, are you saying that if we came right now you could get any and all rigs out. When I left my car and motorhome were surrounded by water. Has that changed? Has the road been extended to my rig?
Richard

Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
Shane Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No not me personally, but I know Damrons rig is about the biggest,heaviest rig parked down in the field and it was pulled out Monday. He was further down than anybody.
The one post is directly from the D4 website.

Shane Carr