HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts
Default Dixon Suspension

I'm Surprised no one has started this thread already?

So I guess I'm willing to stir the pot. My Honest opinion is NHRA has gotten a little power drunk when they suspend indefinitely a 3 time world Champion over an expired sticker.

Essentially that's what it boils down to. The car was Modified by a well respected chassis builder, is an exhibition vehicle now, and has never run at an NHRA Sanctioned event. They could and should have asked him to remove the sticker. That way no one would assume it was an accepted chassis. It's not like he was using a forged sticker it was just outdated. A slap on the wrist should have been enough.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts
Default Re: Dixon Suspension

Dixon and the chassis guy both made a bad decision, leaving the sticker on the chassis. Expect an appeal, fine and slap on the wrist.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
BG56

Liked 274 Times in 100 Posts

Dixon shoulda known better. I've seen burnout pics at a track. Unknown which one, but if you've ever dealt with your local building/zoning dept. you know they don't like to be shown up (with all their "power"). Insert parallel.
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Such a CROC of **** .....outdated sticker, never presented at a track for competition !
NHRA has gone overboard on this deal ....with TRAXXAS as a sponsor....
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
pmrphil

Liked 247 Times in 106 Posts

It's a TWO year expired sticker. If you went to a car show with an expired sticker do you think anyone would squawk? Or care? Much less make a scene, remove an expired sticker, and suspend you? NHRA, from all accounts, was fully informed in the whole process (idea and build) but got their nose bent the wrong way at SEMA and reacted like a spoiled rich kid. Let's see how TRAXXAS responds to that. I've got the popcorn.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
MikeFicacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unless I read this wrong, Dixon and McKinney took a certified top fuel dragster, cut it up, welding in a section and a second seat, put it all together, and either reapplied or left the old Top Fuel certification sticker on the car....then took it to SEMA and showed it off as a certified 2-seat dragster. If that's not enough, McKinney did this as he sits on the SFI chassis committee. Is any of that incorrect?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #7
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFicacci View Post
Unless I read this wrong, Dixon and McKinney took a certified top fuel dragster, cut it up, welding in a section and a second seat, put it all together, and either reapplied or left the old Top Fuel certification sticker on the car....then took it to SEMA and showed it off as a certified 2-seat dragster. If that's not enough, McKinney did this as he sits on the SFI chassis committee. Is any of that incorrect?
It was displayed with an out dated chassis sticker. That's not showing it off as a certified dragster. An indefinite suspension is ludicrous.

The Chassis sticker on my car is expired at the moment. I guess I had better not let anyone see it.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

I also read someplace that he tested at an IHRA track in Florida and at Edgewater, an NHRA track outside Cincinnati. But yes, he'll probably appeal and get a small slap on the wrist.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Polhill View Post
It was displayed with an out dated chassis sticker. That's not showing it off as a certified dragster. An indefinite suspension is ludicrous.

The Chassis sticker on my car is expired at the moment. I guess I had better not let anyone see it.
You better hope that NHRA doesn't read this site. Admitting you have a out of date sticker on the car is probably going to get you a nice leave and fine. I would suggest every one with a cert that is out of date rush to their car and get it off. You never know when the man is looking.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #10
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

Years ago at Virginia I removed my outdated tag in the pits and drove to the spot to get certified. The NHRA official says " first time gettin a cert " and I say no 3rd time. He says " where is your tag ? " So I tell him I just took it off 5 mins ago. He says " why did you do that? " I tell him that it was outdated and I was trying to save him some time and I wanted to clean off the glue/stick. He says " You should have not done that because we like to see that your chassis has been previously approved and we like to remove the sticker so there is no chance it could be placed on another car." I swear I was there for over 45 mins.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote