HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default vacation time?

just wondering. how many weeks vacation time some of you are getting at your jobs. what did you start with,and how long were you there before you recieved more time?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
pmrphil

Liked 280 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: vacation time?

Hey - don't ask for any MORE time off, your boss won't give it to you.
Just use sick time, nobody will question you.
pmrphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In 1979 we raced at the E'town Summernats. Showed up an hour late for work on Monday. Heard a raft of s**t from my boss. I told him he was lucky I even showed up.
The next week we raced at the Grandnational Molson in Sanair Canada. Dropped by work 2 days later to get my stuff. At that time I became a professional racer. Till we quit in 1981
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Vacation days? I have had a vacation since Obama got his new job.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Jay H.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After one year got five days, after 2 years got 10 days,15 years got 15 days, after 30 years they are all vacation days.
Jay H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1-5 years=2 weeks
5-15=3 weeks
15+=4 weeks

been at my job 20 years 2 months and 12 days. and I will only be 48 next friday.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 434 Times in 145 Posts

1 to 7 years =2 weeks
8 years and on ... =3 weeks

non-unionized workplace
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 878 Times in 315 Posts

Here's what UE has negotiated with our company ..... UE = ( United Electrical Radio and Machine workers of America)

HOLIDAYS
Section 1. New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Year's
Eve Day and two (2) floating holidays, or days designated by the Company as such, shall be paid
holidays.
Section 2. All regular full-time employees shall receive a day's pay for the above-listed
Holidays, whether worked or not. In addition, any employee working on such holidays shall be
paid two (2) times his regular, straight-time wage rate for all time worked.
Section 3. Employees shall receive holiday pay only if they have worked the scheduled day
preceding and scheduled day following the holiday. Employees on sick leave, leave of absence
for any reason or layoff shall not receive holiday pay. If a holiday falls during paid vacation, the
employee will receive an extra day's pay at straight-time provided the employee is eligible for
holiday pay.
Section 4. Any employee who is scheduled to work on a holiday but fails to do so shall
forfeit any holiday pay.
Section 5. Probationary employees shall not receive holiday pay.

ARTICLE XX
VACATIONS

Vacation pay shall be granted on the following basis:

Section 1. Years of Continuous Service Benefit Hours Allowed

Compensation
1 .......80 Hours...............................4%*
7..... 120 Hours ............................. 6%
14....160 Hours ........................... 8% .
20.....200 Hours.............................10%
30.... 240 hours .............................12%

The vacation period shall run from January 1 to December 31.

An employee's weekly vacation pay shall be two percent (2%) of their previous year's W-2
earnings per 40 hours of vacation.
* For employees who have completed one year of service and do not have a full year ofW-2
earnings, vacation pay will be paid at the employee's straight time hourly wage rate.
Section 2. Maintenance seniority will govern on the selection of individual vacation periods
insofar as it is practicable to do so under existing operating conditions. Maintenance seniority
shall govern any requests for vacation made on the 28th day prior to the start of the vacation.
Section 3. Vacation benefits are earned for the preceding year of service, and such vacation
benefits will not be granted until after the employee has reached his one year anniversary date.
After such a date, vacation benefits will be granted at any time during the vacation period
outlined above pursuant to Section 1.
Section 4. Vacations must be taken as time off work except as provided in this Section.
Employees will be allowed to defer up to forty (40) hours of earned vacation into the next year.
Section 5. Employees are permitted to take their vacation in full day, half day, two hour and
one hour increments. An employee must make the request for a half or full day vacation at least
twenty- four (24) hours before the requested time off. The employee must obtain team leader
approval for such vacation time. The Company reserves the right to cancel daily vacations.
Notice of such cancellation shall be by the end of the shift or at least twenty-four (24) hours
before the start of the requested time off, whichever is later.
Section 6. Weekly vacations will be scheduled in accordance with seniority to the extent
possible. Employees may initially schedule up to three (3) weeks of accrued vacation on a
weekly basis; additional weeks can be scheduled after the first round of vacation scheduling.
The employee must make the request for weekly vacation at least seven (7) days before the
requested time off in order to receive advance pay for such vacation. The employee must obtain
team leader approval for such vacation time.
Section 7. Employees who have 120 hours accrued vacation in a calendar year may take pay
in return for up to 80 hours vacation.
ARTICLE XXI
JURY DUTY
Section 1. An employee shall notify the Company that he has been summoned for jury duty

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 08-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
In 1979 we raced at the E'town Summernats. Showed up an hour late for work on Monday. Heard a raft of s**t from my boss. I told him he was lucky I even showed up.
The next week we raced at the Grandnational Molson in Sanair Canada. Dropped by work 2 days later to get my stuff. At that time I became a professional racer. Till we quit in 1981
Sounds like you worked with some individuals I remember from the distant past, and you showed them a thing or two.I got tired of such managerial matter about 32 years ago,tested out at Los Angeles County Mechanicl Department, worked there six years,(where I met Dave Smith of Pro Trans fame), left there, went to the City of Los Angeles where I have been for 26 years coming up, and since I never use sick time and use far less vacation than I get, I have more time off on the books than I know what to do with. Its' union, but in name only. All they do is take your dues,run to Sacramento to hobnob with the liberal elite and support political positions I don't agree with,so I didn't join it. I heard of a World Champion in either Stock or Super Stock who started winning races early on in a season,went to as many races as it took, won the series, and was quoted as saying," We used all our vacation time, sick time and lying time to do this!!"
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
Sounds like you worked with some individuals I remember from the distant past, and you showed them a thing or two.I got tired of such managerial matter about 32 years ago,tested out at Los Angeles County Mechanicl Department, worked there six years,(where I met Dave Smith of Pro Trans fame), left there, went to the City of Los Angeles where I have been for 26 years coming up, and since I never use sick time and use far less vacation than I get, I have more time off on the books than I know what to do with. Its' union, but in name only. All they do is take your dues,run to Sacramento to hobnob with the liberal elite and support political positions I don't agree with,so I didn't join it. I heard of a World Champion in either Stock or Super Stock who started winning races early on in a season,went to as many races as it took, won the series, and was quoted as saying," We used all our vacation time, sick time and lying time to do this!!"
When I quit racing in 1981. I went into the fishing boat business did that till 1991 sold out and went to work for NYC(still ran fishing boats on the side). Retired in 2005 tore up my licenses. So I wouldn't be prone to go back to anything. Now I retired and can't seem to find enough time to get everything done. Life ain't to bad.