HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #31
MBogina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do in a bumper scraping wheelstand?

Nothing ever saved my car, once it hit the rear bumper, the short rear overhang of the 70 Cuda had already allowed the rear tires to come off the pavement by a foot or so, staying in the throttle and hoping both tires hit the pavement at exactly the same time would have been a recipe for total disaster, the trans had already shifted 2nd/3rd while the tires were off the ground, and the wheelspeed would have had me swapping lanes or into the wall in a split second. As it was, mine came down about the 4-500 foot mark, we killed the trans pan, oil pan, headers, motor plate, crank trigger, shaker hood scoop and front grille, but not the driver. As far as the comment about flipping it over backwards, I was real close to that, I looked out the windshield and saw the tower behind me.
MBogina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #32
John Langer

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: What would you do in a bumper scraping wheelstand?

Wheel stands suck!!!!! I just stopped racing in a heads up series that I supported for 10 years because they wont allow bars. Since 1997 I have done 4 real bad wheels stands. Each time causing over 10k in damage. I am limited to a 29.5 x 10.5 tire. When the car dead hooks, it just climbs the ring gear and is on the rear valance before 40' (under 1 second). By the time you let go of the trans brake, it just climbs too fast to react. Sometimes shifting from first to third (pro flite) will hold the front end around 2.5' off the ground for 200-300', some times it doesn't and just continues to climb. Last year in Chicago I shifted 2 times and peddled the car 5 times until it finally came down around the 330'. Comments like drag the brakes and stuff like that just makes me laugh. You can either ride a wheelie out, or you can't. It isnt something you want to practice or know you are good at. If I can give 1 small piece of advice, if you do lift, make dam sure you are WOT when you come down to soften the hit.
John Langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #33
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: What would you do in a bumper scraping wheelstand?

Bigshow,,,,,,, You think you'd have to get new undershorts???? Depends!
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote