HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2024, 09:40 AM   #1
Woodfin

Liked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Default a new build

I am an old, experienced drag racer. [my age is 77] I have lost count of the cars I have built. I am just about finished with a 75 Vette for a customer so, of course, being an old, experience racer who knows who to win, I must be planning the next project. My builds are often unique, which I like.
The quest: I want to build the barest bones, most stripped down, lightest door car possible. [while retaining a neat appearance] Help me brainstorm about which body fits this request. There may be some out there that I have not considered. It will have a relatively mild SBC and I want the performance in the 6.40's ET range. The last several I have done use methanol with a carburetor. I have built both ladder bar and four link.
Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 06:01 PM   #2
Wayne Scraba

Liked 152 Times in 43 Posts
Smile Re: a new build

Fox body Mustang. Lots of parts available for your sbc Chevy plus Fox bodies have good OEM suspension “bones” you can make work without serious fabrication…. And that’s coming from a Chevy guy..

Last edited by Wayne Scraba; 04-28-2024 at 06:04 PM.
Wayne Scraba is offline   Reply With Quote