HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2016, 01:44 AM   #11
bobbyd6

Liked 71 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: FS 1 no improvement here

I read starting in March for 99.00 per year you will be able to watch the whole event live it will be available through FOX I think or NHRA. at least they didnt show every run 3-4 times like ESPN did until they went live at semi-final time then they couldve showed other class finals during down time!! Miss Mike Dunn already
Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #12
John Bender

Liked 58 Times in 11 Posts

I have to say, the only thing they can do is get better, a lot better. I don't know if Tony is camera and mike shy, but he looked and sounded like it was his first time at the track. Very stoic, and sounded very unknowledgeable. If this is to reach out to first time drag racing fans, his lame description of a hole shot win was about as lame as it could be. Time to go back to driving Tony. I didn't care to much for the sound quality or the seemingly lets get this over with as quick as the cars are.

Been a fan since 1960, and a racer since 1964.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:18 PM   #13
rk3800

Liked 77 Times in 27 Posts

According to NHRA the first Lucas Oil Series telecast will air from the
Circle K Winternationals in Pomona (Feb. 18, 9-10 p.m.) on FS2
with a rebroadcast on FS1 (Feb. 19, 10-11 a.m.).

Gatornationals-Thursday , March 24, 9-10 p.m. (FS2)
Saturday, March 26, 3-4 p.m. (FS1)
rk3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #14
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

I watched the IHRA double divisional at Immokalee & Bradenton on Motor Mania TV for free. Live from the broadcast booth. The Immokalee race #2 was delayed until Monday, and it was still shown live on Monday. Three different camera angles, Hats off to Motor Mania TV.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA is Glendora aware of this
Old 02-16-2016, 12:03 AM   #15
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
I watched the IHRA double divisional at Immokalee & Bradenton on Motor Mania TV for free. Live from the broadcast booth. The Immokalee race #2 was delayed until Monday, and it was still shown live on Monday. Three different camera angles, Hats off to Motor Mania TV.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA is Glendora aware of this
Ron I have believe that Glendora is aware of it and I'm pretty confident NHRA management is positive that no one is watching because Motormania doesn't have Force plastered all over it! "A sportsman only show who could be watching that?no wonder it's free!!!" says Clifford
Old 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM   #16
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 985 Times in 300 Posts

In my own thoughts, I don't think it was horrible like everyone is saying. Listen, nobody is ever going to replace the likes of Steve Evans & Dave McClelland on the old TNN Network unless they find a way to clone Steve Evans from the dead but, I think they were a lot better then some commentators. Remember a few years back we had Paul Paige and Shelly Anderson doing the play by play and I wanted to gouge my ears and eyes out.

I think it was cool that they actually went into the pits and explained different aspects of a pro car, like what does the wing do, what is the black box, etc. They also showed some different aspects of what NHRA Can offer the fan, the street racing at Irwindale, the NHRA Meseum. Stuff that I never saw ESPN do in their telecasts, plus for me I didn't get a chance to watch the finals because I was working so to wake up on Monday and see the repeat of it on in the AM and back on Monday Night Prime Time was great. I know also that NHRA is having a sportsman drivers meetings before each National Event in the respected Division to highlight some of the new things that are coming for the racers. I think this was a great change from ESPN and it will only get better, it was their first shot at doing this....need to give them a chance instead of wanted to rip their heads off.

Rob Keister
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:46 PM   #17
rk3800

Liked 77 Times in 27 Posts

I had posted that the sportsman show from the Winternationals was going to
be on tomorrow night the 18th, 9-10 p.m. My local listing shows it will be on
10-11p.m. Check your local listing.

e
rk3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #18
Warren Evans

Liked 1,508 Times in 179 Posts

I'm certainly not going to knock the Fox coverage. I would guess that very little of the "techie" stuff carried over from ESPN to Fox, since they developed it and own it (interface to the Compulink timing data, among others), and as I understand it, Fox only had one weekend to test their new equipment in live conditions. It will get better, I'm sure. I don't remember the first ESPN broadcast 16 years ago, but that was a startup (and looked like it) back then as well.

Regarding the $99 live streaming access, that is for the National Event schedule only. I have been told that it does not include the Lucas Oil Divisional events.

D3TV, the live streaming service for the NHRA North Central Division (Division 3) will be back in 2016 with the six LODRS races, along with the JEGS Sportsnationals at Bowling Green, the Summit Racing Series Bracket Finals and the NHRA Fall Classic National Open in Indianapolis. The link is available at http://www.NHRADiv3.com with the current race at the top of the page, and a link to the archived races at the top of the list on the left of the home page.

Warren Evans
D3TV
Warren Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #19
Frank B.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts

Any news on the $99 streaming national event broadcast?
Frank B. is offline   Reply With Quote