HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #121
Bob Sherwood

Liked 332 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Tru start poll Division 6

Do we really have a problem? Does anybody or could anybody come up with some hard facts. How many rounds of eliminations at all divisional and national events were there double red lights and of those how many would have been affected or changed by having try-start.
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:50 PM   #122
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sherwood View Post
Do we really have a problem? Does anybody or could anybody come up with some hard facts. How many rounds of eliminations at all divisional and national events were there double red lights and of those how many would have been affected or changed by having try-start.
Current stats don't prove anything, the faster car can see the red light in the other lane and can have an effect on their reaction. I don't personally care either way about this issue but you can't use previous stats to make a point.
Jim Caughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:09 PM   #123
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Current stats don't prove anything, the faster car can see the red light in the other lane and can have an effect on their reaction. I don't personally care either way about this issue but you can't use previous stats to make a point.
I agree. I think there will be more fast cars redlighting in bottom bulb racing with Tru Start because they won't see if the slow car has redlit until the fast car leaves.

Jeff

Last edited by Mile High; 11-30-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Mile High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:51 PM   #124
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
I agree. I think there will be more fast cars redlighting in bottom bulb racing with Tru Start because they won't see if the slow car as redlit until the fast car leaves.

Jeff
It is possible Jeff. At the Spring Fling in Vegas this past April with Tru Start being used, I left first every time by a fair amount. I went red on three different occasions and guess what? None of my opponents went red, they were all green. When they left, my red light came on and their win light came on. This was in Pro ET, bottom bulb racing.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #125
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
It is possible Jeff. At the Spring Fling in Vegas this past April with Tru Start being used, I left first every time by a fair amount. I went red on three different occasions and guess what? None of my opponents went red, they were all green. When they left, my red light came on and their win light came on. This was in Pro ET, bottom bulb racing.
Still doesn't prove anything, they knew they had won at that point and could have just backed off knowing they had already won. I still say that past stats prove nothing in this matter.
Jim Caughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #126
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Anyone that is winning races is not looking over and watching the other guys tree to see if he red lighted or not, end of story you clowns. I have had 6-8 guys red light against me this past year and I never saw the win light until I got in high gear and looked up at the score board. heck two of the times I red lighted right with them .-002 and .-004. even with your true start I still would have been the winner of those rounds.

why are we still talking about changing the rules for less then 1% of times it comes into play.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #127
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Still doesn't prove anything, they knew they had won at that point and could have just backed off knowing they had already won. I still say that past stats prove nothing in this matter.
Read again. Lane's red light did not appear until the faster car left. It just so happens that they were all green.

It is true that previous stats won't tell the story on how many rounds would be changed, but the prevalence of double red-lights has been pretty consistent with and without TrueSTART. It is roughly 1.5% of all rounds run.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #128
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Anyone that is winning races is not looking over and watching the other guys tree to see if he red lighted or not, end of story you clowns. I have had 6-8 guys red light against me this past year and I never saw the win light until I got in high gear and looked up at the score board. heck two of the times I red lighted right with them .-002 and .-004. even with your true start I still would have been the winner of those rounds.

why are we still talking about changing the rules for less then 1% of times it comes into play.

I agree with you 100%.........

In a 128 car field, there are 126 separate races between cars that race towards the final......

If this change could fix just one race during eliminations, it would be worth it...

I still don't understand the logic in resisting this update and upgrade to our timing systems???????

Bob
Old 12-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #129
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
I still don't understand the logic in resisting this update and upgrade to our timing systems???????

Bob
Yeah ya do Bob. Personal agendas.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #130
Cody Lane

Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts

I'm sure people appreciate everyone's input on this matter, as it makes it for an interesting thread but personal opinions and/or agendas aside - wasn't the point of this thread to poll DIVISION 6 participants?

Maybe we should get back on topic....

Cody Lane
SS/BS
Cody Lane is offline   Reply With Quote