HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4 Cyl Super Comp Cars ?

Is anyone running a competitive Super Comp car ?

Im thinking about a car that I can start in Super Comp and later jump to Comp Elim with.

I kinda dig the idea of a 4 cyl BIG Turbo car, in a FC Chassis, would be a lot of fun.

Would be fun to build, drive, work on and just be way cool in my book.....

So....the question is , is, is anyone running one competitive, or is there a reason a FC wouldnt be competitive in SC ? Even forgetting the 4 cyl, and say a big turbo third gen Hemi ?

Looking for something new to sink my paws into building...something...well that everyone will say cant be built in a month (Ok by End of Sept, I gotta finish my house and I wanna go on a Cruise)
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4 Cyl Super Comp Cars ?

What are you smoking....
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: 4 Cyl Super Comp Cars ?

Rock, to the point. lol
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
What are you smoking....
Basic Filter 100's

Why wheres the screw loose in having fun ?

The Funny car in Super Comp ? (its allowed)

Or a big hp big fan 4 turbo like they are running on my favorite dyno right now thats pushing a 2300lb car into the mid 8s ? Viable engine.

Or the later running it in Comp ? (thats why I liked the 4) I get a 350lb break for running it as a 4, (in SC that is, albeit dono if I could even get close to that with a FC)

Or am I missing something in the rules that makes this combo not legal ?

Im going monday to meet with an "oddball" comp elim champ to discuss those plans for later.

But I think the rest of the season would be good in SC to get used to the car and work out the gremlins, forgetting the "strategy" learning curve that will be wasted later, knowledge is never wasted.

So ?

What are the loose screws in this idea ?

And WHY You ask ? Well this years plan all along for me was a Digger of a FC, the SFI Specs have been on my desk since Oct, the DP was a distraction and not my idea, so back to my plans. I want a FC now more than a Digger....sooooo....I need to find a use for it, something economical , fun , and with a WTF factor, as well as something unique.

Seriously.....really very serious actually Im going to look at a new S&W Chassis next week.......

Now that my house is a couple weeks from done with a break from the DP , well.....Im gonna need something to do afterward other than watch my grass grow....
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)

Last edited by Chris "drooze" Wertman; 07-30-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
bmac

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yikes...not a clue when he was a stocker racer and even less now
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
yikes...not a clue when he was a stocker racer and even less now
Sure wont learn with answers like that now will I genius.

How about instead of insults, give me REASONS..........

One is easy, the other well, depends on what you know I guess.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "drooze" Wertman View Post
Basic Filter 100's

Why wheres the screw loose in having fun ?

The Funny car in Super Comp ? (its allowed)

Or a big hp big fan 4 turbo like they are running on my favorite dyno right now thats pushing a 2300lb car into the mid 8s ? Viable engine.

Or the later running it in Comp ? (thats why I liked the 4) I get a 350lb break for running it as a 4, (in SC that is, albeit dono if I could even get close to that with a FC)

Or am I missing something in the rules that makes this combo not legal ?

Im going monday to meet with an "oddball" comp elim champ to discuss those plans for later.

But I think the rest of the season would be good in SC to get used to the car and work out the gremlins, forgetting the "strategy" learning curve that will be wasted later, knowledge is never wasted.

So ?

What are the loose screws in this idea ?

And WHY You ask ? Well this years plan all along for me was a Digger of a FC, the SFI Specs have been on my desk since Oct, the DP was a distraction and not my idea, so back to my plans. I want a FC now more than a Digger....sooooo....I need to find a use for it, something economical , fun , and with a WTF factor, as well as something unique.

Seriously.....really very serious actually Im going to look at a new S&W Chassis next week.......

Now that my house is a couple weeks from done with a break from the DP , well.....Im gonna need something to do afterward other than watch my grass grow....

Well I suppose it could work, I would consider a 4 link chassis with a roadster body for visibility.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
Well I suppose it could work, I would consider a 4 link chassis with a roadster body for visibility.
Why the 4 link chassis with a 4 turbo ?

The body I get....and there is an altered body on the chassis now (he has both) and I can get that cheap so, not a bad idea.

But with the low torque of a 4 turbo off the line why the 4 link ?

Thanks, Im not trying to see this as a world killer , just as to wether its viable or feasible at all. The long term plans for the car ... well thats where the serious thoughts need to be given.

But it would seem that getting the car consistent and fast in SC would be a good starting point ?

Im kicking it around, any pros / cons constructive considerations are always helpful....

(And I can say I have NO idea whatsoever how a FC chassis and body would run with a 4 cyl turbo) the Chassis I am looking at may be overkill, but its new, MW full floater, Lamb, all kinds of "goodies" all top notch stuff. Like I said since I have no idea, well, even suggestions in that area are appreciated.

One of the "backup" plans is a big fan third gen hemi Ive got the parts to build , pistons, rods, etc....that were planned for a SS/GT car but since my 72 is going bybye....well...I have to see 1000;s in good slugs and rods go to waste. So they could be used there.

Just thinking through this...

Thanks

Chris
Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 AM   #9
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Its probably that no one has has run a turbocharged 4 cylinder with any success ...that I know of...I don't have a problem with the altered body....or even the funny car body....but just remember super comp is probably the toughest class to win in. A big block dragster is extremely consistent and very fast. And they will be bearing down on you at big speeds or driving in front of you keeping a wheel on you.....and with that funny car body you probably won't be able to see them coming.....

Running 8.90 isn't probably a problem, but the 4 tenths tree might be....and throttle stopping a turbo car might be difficult.....remember this isn't stock or super stock....these cars are within 1 most of the time...they don't spin...they don't do anything stupid....and Ray charles is 00 from the grave...........in super stock...I'm thrilled with a 20 light...in super comp....I feel I missed it....

I don't think this is one of those deals where if you master it....you will have the killer unbeatable combo....it doesn't exist.....that's why its such a big deal to win more than 1 race....because its hard to win....

Plus....There's no qualifying...its random pairing for first round......I would be worried that there would be a staging lane accident.....trying to line up with you........lol

Just run it in comp and get used to it there......

Rock
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cisco Kid

you can run any combanation you want the key is "consistency" if you are consistant it will show on the track..
Cisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote