HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Some Englishtown observations.

Stock Eliminator is alive and well in Div.1 and 5! 116 here and 97 in Earlville!

And that being said, I know that nobody forces me to go to these races but..........116 cars and only quarter finalists or better(that's the last 8 cars) made back their entry fee. Come on NHRA.

I love James Perrone's SS/GA /street/ show quality/ low 10 sec. Shoebox!

I was born and raised in Jersey. Island Dragway will always be home. Maple Grove will always be that beautiful track in the hills of Pa. BUT I can remember going to Englishtown as a young man and standing on the starting line thinking, "This must be what it's like to be Mickey Mantle standing at home plate in Yankee Stadium!". Nothing else in Drag Racing could compare to this!

Well, a whole lot of years have passed since that day and it's still a great race track BUT it could sure use a little TLC and a few bucks spent on it. The Napp Brothers legacy deserves better.

I had tears running down my cheeks when the National Anthem was played to the flag at half mast. 9-11 was very close to home here for everyone. There were Heroes of that day here racing with us this weekend. Thank you all.

Thank you to all of our Veterans who sacrificed so that that National Anthem can be played.

Colin Kaepernick and those other NFL players who took a knee when the National Anthem was played should be required to spend a day helping out in the local Veteran's Hospital in the city that their game is in that week!

116 and 97! 223 Stockers just this weekend! Doing very well in deed!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 689 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Some Englishtown observations.

I agree to everything you just said Billy.

1. Can't make our entry fee back is a real kick in the A_ _ .....
It's a shame that can't change, unless us as racers had our own
prize fund. Example: We pay $170. now, how bout everyone kicking
in another $30. That would be 115 cars x $30.= $3,450.
Winner- 1,000 R.U.- 500 Semi- 300 1/4- 200 1/8- 65
And you still would have $30. left to put towards the next race.
So you would be paying the last 16 cars if my calculations are correct.

2. A big round of applause definitely goes out to All of our hero's from 9/11.

3. It's Great To Be Retired Now !!!!! Nothing left to say.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #3
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 644 Times in 205 Posts
Cool Re: Some Englishtown observations.

Can't agree with you guys more. Yesterday was a somber day of national observance. Yesterday, our local Irwindale track had it's final Summit race of the season. The Racers for Christ chaplain led us through a moment of silence, then a very eloquent spontaneous prayer, and we wrapped the season up. I actually won enough this year to pay for all my entry fees and some lunch at the track besides. I had no breakage or mechanical issues all year, I'm very fortunate, except for a wheel stud issue at Fontana, no real damage done, and I agreed with all three of the points brought out in the second post. I had a friend from Jersey that raced a long time ago at Island, he had a rather nonconventional car that shouldn't have worked, but it did, (61 Impala, 348/250 horse 4 speed in O/S, )it ran under for him, and he told me about the hallowed ground of Englishtown. Sounds like our Pomona in it's historical context. Sounds like you guys both had a good time last weekend, may they never stop happening! Oh,yes. #3. Retiring is a real blast!
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #4
frank m

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thank you to all of our Veterans who sacrificed so that that National Anthem can be played.

Colin Kaepernick and those other NFL players who took a knee when the National Anthem was played should be required to spend a day helping out in the local Veteran's Hospital in the city that their game is in that week!

Or drop them off in NEW YORK City near the trade center Fire House ,then we will see who takes a knee begging for forgiveness.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,416 Times in 1,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Stock Eliminator is alive and well in Div.1 and 5! 116 here and 97 in Earlville!

And that being said, I know that nobody forces me to go to these races but..........116 cars and only quarter finalists or better(that's the last 8 cars) made back their entry fee. Come on NHRA.

I was born and raised in Jersey. Island Dragway will always be home. Maple Grove will always be that beautiful track in the hills of Pa. BUT I can remember going to Englishtown as a young man and standing on the starting line thinking, "This must be what it's like to be Mickey Mantle standing at home plate in Yankee Stadium!". Nothing else in Drag Racing could compare to this!

Well, a whole lot of years have passed since that day and it's still a great race track BUT it could sure use a little TLC and a few bucks spent on it. The Napp Brothers legacy deserves better.

I had tears running down my cheeks when the National Anthem was played to the flag at half mast. 9-11 was very close to home here for everyone. There were Heroes of that day here racing with us this weekend. Thank you all.

Great post, Billy
I will start a new thread to address the payout situation.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #6
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,449 Times in 420 Posts

A calcutta purse is a good idea Pete. I think I would focus the majority of that purse on the 3rd-5th round loser. They are the guys that get screwed bad. And then some goes to RU and a slightly smaller portion goes to Winner since they are already getting paid with purse and contingency. I would think attempting to get the 3rd round loss at least their entry fee and 4th and semi finalists a tad more. Just my thoughts but great idea on your part Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
I agree to everything you just said Billy.

1. Can't make our entry fee back is a real kick in the A_ _ .....
It's a shame that can't change, unless us as racers had our own
prize fund. Example: We pay $170. now, how bout everyone kicking
in another $30. That would be 115 cars x $30.= $3,450.
Winner- 1,000 R.U.- 500 Semi- 300 1/4- 200 1/8- 65
And you still would have $30. left to put towards the next race.
So you would be paying the last 16 cars if my calculations are correct.

2. A big round of applause definitely goes out to All of our hero's from 9/11.

3. It's Great To Be Retired Now !!!!! Nothing left to say.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #7
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Lightbulb Re: Some Englishtown observations.

I agree Billy - and I was very disappointed yesterday when you and Mr.Barton didn't get to duke it out because he spun big time .They spent plenty of time preparing the track for the Top Sportsman and Top Dragster cars and the twenty or so Comp cars but the 116 Stockers were mostly left to fend for themselves .I know you're not a fan of the High HP cars but it would have been nice to watch 'David and Goliath ' race ..........Congrats to you on going a bunch of rounds yesterday .As for the money - even if you doubled the purse it wouldn't change much - same racers and same cars would come .
Old 09-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #8
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post

Billy I agree with you 100% Even my little car had trouble hooking all weekend not good.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #9
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 689 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
A calcutta purse is a good idea Pete. I think I would focus the majority of that purse on the 3rd-5th round loser. They are the guys that get screwed bad. And then some goes to RU and a slightly smaller portion goes to Winner since they are already getting paid with purse and contingency. I would think attempting to get the 3rd round loss at least their entry fee and 4th and semi finalists a tad more. Just my thoughts but great idea on your part Pete.
I like your idea better Bobby.
Let's get some money to the other loser's, cause they Do Not Get Much !!!!
We do know all of this going in, but nothing says we can't come up with our
own Enhancements..
Since i'm retired & probably (retarded lol) I have "time on my hands" to come up with
ideas, but the whole Stock Elim. Guys would have to be in agreement to put up the
extra $30.
Let The Party Begin.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #10
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

Case of Yuengling to the best losing package........
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote