Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2024, 07:52 PM   #41
Cotten

Liked 485 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Gators Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Cheating lol.
Everyone had the same opportunity to enter early.
Some just have better friends that filled them in more than others. But the real sad part in this story is NHRA had the chance to really be the hero in this situation. They could have said this whole deal sucks, the racers did nothing wrong and just add 30-40 to each category quota. Parked another 120 rigs out in the road course and made it work for one year.
But in true NHRA fashion at the end when the dust settles they said we really don’t care about the racer, we already got are $42,600 in entry money ($355 x 120 entry’s). Then as an after though they added 10 to each quota. Kind of like a we’re sorry but we really don’t care.
Good luck to all those with 8 grade points tomorrow trying to get in.
"Same opportunity to enter early" you can't be serious.

But do put me down for a couple of those spots you'll be selling lol
Cotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:08 PM   #42
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 985 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
My dad has 7 grade points. The system would not allow him to enter until 11am, which obviously it filled before then. I would assume all Grade 8’s are entered.
Technically he shouldn't be able to enter till next Wednesday, I was told if you were a Grade 7 and entered you were refunded....how true, I guess those with 7's will only know. I went and entered (I was a Grade 7) to the point of payment to just see if I could get that far and was able too, I wasn't planning on going or saving a spot to I just X out.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:13 PM   #43
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Technically he shouldn't be able to enter till next Wednesday, I was told if you were a Grade 7 and entered you were refunded....how true, I guess those with 7's will only know. I went and entered (I was a Grade 7) to the point of payment to just see if I could get that far and was able too, I wasn't planning on going or saving a spot to I just X out.
Agreed, I was just checking availability after I entered. Once he wasn’t able until 11, I assumed the issue was a date issue. Last year, we entered on 12/28. Assumed everything was off a week and not necessarily grade point related.
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 09:31 PM   #44
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Mike we both had 8 grade points correct
It was open for both of us correct.
We both did not know it was going to open early correct.
All I can say is someone in the same time zone as you informed me that I could enter at 7 am this morning which was 4am there time.
So other than having a good friend that for some crazy reason was checking their grade points at 4am this morning,
What advantage did I or anyone that entered today have over you or anyone else with 8 grade points today?

But if I had 8 grade points with 2 cars and had a trip planned for the South East this spring and woke up to this cluster bleep like you did this morning I would be hot as well. NHRA had the tools to make everyone right on this deal and did what they always do, look out for NHRA.
This whole thing sucks but the big mistake I see so far here is NHRA not rising the quote 30-40 more cars in each category. That place has the extra room for parking on the road course.
We as racers need to not loose sight that NHRA had a problem and choose not to fix it in a way that would be best for the racer.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 01-03-2024 at 09:47 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 09:35 PM   #45
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

Am I wrong or does the National Hot Rod Association have the racers by the proverbial balls?
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 09:50 PM   #46
Cotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Mike we both had 8 grade points correct
It was open for both of us correct.
We both did not know it was going to open early correct.
All I can say is someone in the same time zone as you informed me that I could enter at 7 am this morning which was 4am there time.
So other than having a good friend that for some crazy reason was checking their grade points at 4am this morning,
What advantage did I or anyone that entered today have over you or anyone else with 8 grade points today?

But if I had 8 grade points with 2 cars and had a trip planned South East this spring and woke up to this cluster bleep like you did this morning I would be hot as well. NHRA had the tools to make everyone right on this deal and did what they always do, look out for NHRA.
This whole thing sucks but the big mistake I see so far here is NHRA not rising the quote 30-40 more cars in each category. That place has the extra room for parking on the road course.
We as racers need to not loose sight that NHRA had a problem and choose not to fix it in a way that would be best for the racer.
Charley

You answered your own question.
You had a good friend with information he got somehow at 4 am pt and shared it with you.

I'm going to have to broaden my circle of friends.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:30 AM   #47
Justin Graham

Liked 262 Times in 41 Posts

The Gator Glitch wasn't exactly what I had in mind for action!...but HOLY Geeez!!!...breakout the popcorn for tomorrow morning!

Good luck to the 8's and 7's.

Quite possibly the only member to REDLIGHT their join date
Justin Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 10:36 AM   #48
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

Good morning Mike, I was talking to Paul Wong later in the day. He was cursing his phone at 4:45. Who could possible be ringing my phone at this hour? Oh it's a freind with good news. Happy New Year!

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:11 PM   #49
Cotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
Good morning Mike, I was talking to Paul Wong later in the day. He was cursing his phone at 4:45. Who could possible be ringing my phone at this hour? Oh it's a freind with good news. Happy New Year!

Paul Haszlauer
My friends are older, I didn't get a call until 5:45.

Happy new year to you as well.