HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #11
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts
Default Re: "Regional Tech Director Openings"

Now, let's make something perfectly clear, I don't know my butt from a big, red onion. And I like it that way.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #12
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Hey Billy with credentials like that you could be the "Chief Regional Tech Director In Charge". You do have to relocate to Indy.

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #13
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

If you really read the ad this has to be a real pain in the butt kind of job----I think they will have a long difficult time filling all 3 positions-- maybe one or 2 but 3 will take some time

First ---you will have to relocate to the Indianapolis area---lots of potential employees will balk at that for obvious reasons/ Wife, kids, just don't want to move, school systems, current home, current lifestyle, real estate values/costs between Indianapolis and your present location etc. the weather, relocation expenses etc etc etc as reasons not to relocate.

Second----You will be traveling MINIMUM of 25 weekends per year to attend races( the NHRA version of a weekend is probably begin travel Tuesday morning and return home Monday afternoon of the next week)-- then you will have those "other" weekends you must be somewhere( NHRA headquarters, meetings of all sorts with sponsors, meetings with manufacturers etc. meetings and more meetings).There will be at least 2 additional meetings!!!!!!!!(LOL)

Third ---If you are agreeable to and willing to put up with the number one and number two reasons look at the pay structure and benefits that come with the job. To put up with all of the above you are going to have to be very well compensated health insurance, company car maybe, 401K,expense account, cell phone etc. provided not to mention what you actually get paid to do this ( Salary, wages paycheck what ever you want to call it) How much do you think they are going to pay??? Bet it's less than $50-60,000 per year

I just cannot see a large number of potential candidates applying for these jobs. My 2 cents FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #14
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

Pretty much my assessment, too. Not much room or hope for advancement either.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #15
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Reading between the lines it looks like they are looking for someone who must be very knowledgeable in the workings of all Pro classes, TAD, TAFC, Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, Comp, Super classes, and maybe should know at least a little bit about Stock/SS.

Last edited by Crew Chief; 01-25-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #16
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I think the relocation to Indy might be the problem. But then again. I think there has been one real good TD lost already.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #17
E MAN 1982

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: "Regional Tech Director Openings"

Hey Guys, I think your missing the big picture. What happens to the West Coast and East Coast rule books? E
E MAN  1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #18
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

Just kinda rethinking what I posted before---- lots of negatives here---whining racers(both pro/sportsman), remote chassis inspections---dealing with manufacturers--- lots of phone time answering questions--living in Indy--lots of traveling----in the office when you're not on the road--dealing with Glendora-- putting up with all the BS--living in Indy--being at the track for days at 12 hours a day--did I mention that this job is probably a 5-9 type of job not a 9-5 job-- yep 5AM to 9PM !!! every effen day, 80 hours perhaps more per week maybe a 100 definitely not a 40 hour job---for what chump change?? ---I think they are gonna have a very difficult time recruiting any body unless the pay BIG money or they get some sucker that really really wants to do this job !!!!! FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:04 AM   #19
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Cool Re: "Regional Tech Director Openings"

If they don't mind waiting a while Obama,Holder and Feinstein will be out of a job in the near future.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #20
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

I really see Dave Ley getting this job, he retired from his everyday job and is really good tech man, not sure if he would relocate, but already in with NHRA so.........