HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-29-2015, 11:23 PM   #41
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: New Indexs are up

I have seen that one. Nice car.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 01-30-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #42
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
STILL no one will answer the question: "Why do automatics get a weight break in all of the other Super Stock subcategories in which Stick and Automatics are combined?"

Again, I am perfectly fine if my combination gets a (well-deserved) .20 index hit, so long as the manual transmission combinations take the same hit. If we run off the same index and automatics don't get a weight break when combined with Stick cars in the Factory classes, then I expect that the weight breaks for automatics in all other stick/auto combined classes should be deleted.

I am looking for a fair application of the rules. Either everyone should get it, or no one should get it. Either is fine.

Seriously? No one will even bother to try to address this logical question?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #43
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Michael, I will try to help. This method keeps the new classes necessary to keep the whiners quiet down to 23 instead of the 46 needed to have something similar to fair play. That would cause the already bloated SS with 109 classes to have 133 classes. And in all fairness to the SS whiners, a very small minority, very small, not even enough to have a beverage session complete with accusations, enuendos etc. So the whiners in SS are not the issue except for one guy from Div 2. So Michael, that is one. Second is Nobody Cares. Third is same as second. Getting a little clear?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #44
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Michael

I believe that Stock FS/? is the same way. We ran D/SA last year on a 10.55 index and now the equivalent FS/? Class is FS/H and our index is the old D/S index of 10.50. They lump both auto and standard transmissions as long as the weight/hp is correct. So we lose again.

Surely they will correct this error...........

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #45
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,729 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Sledge View Post
Michael

I believe that Stock FS/? is the same way. We ran D/SA last year on a 10.55 index and now the equivalent FS/? Class is FS/H and our index is the old D/S index of 10.50. They lump both auto and standard transmissions as long as the weight/hp is correct. So we lose again.

Surely they will correct this error...........

RJ
It hurts worse that a lot of combinations have a HP imbalance. One good example is the COPO 396. The auto is at 428 and the stick at 399! I wonder if they will address this? After all, wasn't this supposed to be a change to make things fairer?
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #46
spike1

Liked 53 Times in 16 Posts
Question Re: New Indexs are up

GUMP, you think the COPO 396 is bad, try the Drag Pak 5.7.... in stock...auto 427 and manual 337.
spike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #47
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Guys, I can feel your pain. It took 6 years for nhra to clean up the mess it made in Stock. Don't expect any quick fixes, unless some mega players get involved.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #48
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

-=sigh=- One more time: In classes where sticks and automatics are combined, the automatics are given a 5% weight break, all with the exception of new Factory classes.

1) Should automatics get a weight break in classes where sticks and autos are combined? Yes or No

... a) If Yes, why does this rule not also apply to the new Factory classes?

... b) If No, why do all of the other stick/auto combined classes continue to have such a weight break?

I don't know if I can break it down any simpler. I find it absolutely stunning that no one can seem to even bother to attempt to answer this.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #49
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Mr. Beard,
I ask NHRA the exact same question two months ago and have not received a response!

Nick
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #50
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Michael. With all due respect, you are a little slow. Pay attention!!! Nobody Cares. Nobody Cares. If somebody cares, they are outvoted. Complaining pays. Whining pays. Facts don't Pay. Ed complains. Ed goes .96 under. Somebody with his same combo goes 1.31 under. Ed complains about the new cars. Ed should complain about the other cars like his. Or work on his car. Or both. Rhyme and Reason (brothers I think) were out of town when these new classes were formulated. Maybe out of the country. Now, Michael, observe and analyze this information so you won't be troubled.