HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts
Default Re: ATI to self-administer NHRA contingency

Turbo Action has been doing this for years. Not trying to detract from ATI's move (which I applaud), especially since they are one of Paul Forte's competitors but if we at least can get a sticky posted of all companies doing this it would assist the racers for sure. Suppose Ken will advise if doing such would violate any forum rules. Know Strange had a very public split with NHRA but don't recall if they are going to self-administer a program.

Starting to see why NHRA is more late than normal on getting their contingency postings out. Checked their website a few minutes ago and nothing for the Winternationals, even with us one week from tires in the water box.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #12
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,454 Times in 542 Posts

I believe Strange Engineering is also doing the same.

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55420
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #13
sst7250

Liked 38 Times in 28 Posts

Ok I'll start

Strange
Ultimate Converter Concepts
Turbo Action
ATI
??
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #14
CMcAllister

Liked 740 Times in 206 Posts

I can recall when the Manufactures Midway was a big deal. Almost like a mini-PRI show. Now it seems there are a few companies represented, T-shirt stands and a bunch of carnival sideshows.

Companies that have participated with NHRA for decades are now telling them to go pack sand and the suits in Cali don't seem to blink an eye. None of this happens without someone allowing it or even planning for it to happen. I have to wonder just what is the long term vision of the powers that be, for what NHRA will be in the future.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #15
larrylomascolo

Liked 64 Times in 28 Posts

This has all started correct me if im wrong NHRA gets 50 k from a company ARP,or MOROSO lets say,and at years end $ 47,500.00 has been paid in contingency ,balance of $2,500.00 is not returned,NHRA locks it up and waits for the next years 50 k ,,is this why the self-administer animal has been uncaged ??????
larrylomascolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #16
Jim Craig

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINESPLINE View Post
This will get interesting as the year goes on. Good for ATI . Might be only the beginning.
there's no "might" about it.....they'll be plenty making the flip in the near future and not only for NHRA, remember they are not the "ONLY" racing series out there that manufacturers' have customers in.....but here's where you the racer are now going to have a tad bit more responsibility -- you will need to get those winner circle or on track photos (at the event) to ATI or other companies that now require that as additional proof......"no pic -- no check". In addition to having the proper "current" paperwork on file with that company.....gonna be interesting to see how the organizations are going to respond.
Jim Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #17
ATI Performance Products
Sponsor

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylomascolo View Post
This has all started correct me if im wrong NHRA gets 50 k from a company ARP,or MOROSO lets say,and at years end $ 47,500.00 has been paid in contingency ,balance of $2,500.00 is not returned,NHRA locks it up and waits for the next years 50 k ,,is this why the self-administer animal has been uncaged ??????
Close but not exactly. NHRA sets a Min Payout for the company. You can't pay more than other companies either. $300 / 100 for Nationals, etc. At the end of the year the Company needs to have the min amount claimed by the racers for their product(s). If that min amount was not claimed, the company is to write a check to NHRA for the difference. I am not positive, but I believe that money was to be applied to a "points" fund. Which one I do not know. The min's vary for Major / Minor Contingency sponsors. ATI was a Major for 2 products. I won't disclose our Min amounts.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #18
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Question Re: ATI to self-administer NHRA contingency

Did'nt Mark Williams a while back???
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #19
T-Bolt Racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ATI Products They want you to buy a trans too get rewards I run a manual trans but buy other products from them there like any other companies if you spend thousands in a certain time period you can cash in if you are a lucky racer. so I post no stickers most parts aren't thousands of dollars
T-Bolt Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #20
MadMax404

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The racing product market has grown so much over the past just 10 years let alone 30 that there are so many different companies to choose from for these products, the companies get penalized for that under NHRA's format. Keeping with ATI, just think of all the different convertor companies out there racers choose from now. ATI makes one if not the best convertor on the market in my opinion but we all know racers choose their breed. That is not the fault of the companies in diluted markets.

Because of this, yes it makes it a little more difficult for racers to claim, and a little less accountability for the companies but I absolutely applaud companies for this. Their ROI is just that, theirs. Its no secret we as racers buy products based on our ROI for such products and contingency plays a major role in what products we buy. There should be no reason a company has to pay another company(NHRA) for NOT paying out money because enough racers didn't make the claim for the minimum payout in a season.