Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #31
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 408 Times in 196 Posts
Default Re: Bypass fuel pressure regulator systems

Mike...NO and if you go back to
My first reply I answered your question. It wasn't until another poster attacked my reply that my follow up responses got lengthy. I did not critics or belittle you until you attacked me/ my replies. If you only want opinion and reply from those that agree with what you have already decided to do, I suggest you don't ask for opinion on Internet forums.

Steve, it's not my concern who like or dislikes my replies. What's important to me is I offer honest advice based on my many years and passes without a hidden agenda. Unlike many that post here and elsewhere, I'm not here trying to sell parts and services.

Don't know how much the weight box weighs, never had it out of the car but I'd guess at least 25 lbs.

Last edited by 1320racer; 11-29-2015 at 03:12 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #32
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

Your advice is both appreciated and considered. I know what I'm doing, but want to see if John's argument that the bypass system helps Q-jet cars with the fuel supply issue (due to the small fuel bowl) is proven in practice. Everything works in theory.

Last edited by nhramnl; 11-29-2015 at 03:05 PM.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #33
nhramnl

Ed - Yes, you did answer the question.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #34
1320racer
VIP Member

Mike, while I believe John builds the best fuel
Pumps available, it's No secret he's a bit of a nut and the reason his latest venture PE Fuel Pumps are not flying off the shelfs like his former company Magnaflow now Magnafuel.

John and I went a few rounds years ago with some of his claims and statements and John would have you put one of his 500GPH fuel pumps and a -10 line feeding it on a 300HP engine if you let hm with a bypass kit too.

Last edited by 1320racer; 11-29-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #35
Todd Geisler

Liked 345 Times in 149 Posts

My current carb is from Bob Book. He is quite picky about carb and fuel system setup.

When I ordered the carb I asked about the regulator bypass setup. He said if you data log fuel pressure you would certainly see an improved fuel pressure reading. He also stated that on track they never saw any positive gains from the bleed system.

His opinion is if you already have it, use it. Otherwise it's not worth the time/money to purchase and install.
Todd Geisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #36
nhramnl

Thanks everybody, for taking the time to detail your experiences. I bought a bypass regulator a couple of weeks ago, but as some of you can probably guess, have been doubtful about what it will actually do for me. As a result, I haven't installed it yet (and may not). Thanks again to all.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #37
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
1320 is correct. Won't hurt, but won't run any faster unless it had fuel supply issues before changing to the bypass set up. Adequate fuel in the bowls is all the carb cares about.
This covers it, "unless it had a fuel supply issue".In a later post the OP stated he had "beer foam" at the carb, seems that would indicate a problem. Seeing as you already purchased the regulator why not just install it and see if it clears up your issue? As you stated not every car is the same, nor does every car respond the same to changes. Good luck on what ever you decide and please let us know what you find out. Joe
Old 11-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #38
nhramnl

I tend to agree with Joe's post. I will probably install the kit and will definitely post the results (positive, neutral or negative). Just as it can be installed, it can also be removed if it does nothing, or hurts the car. There are people (some of them very recognized in the sportsman ranks) who say the kit does help in many (but not all) cases, so I'll look at it as an experiment.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #39
1320racer
VIP Member

Well Mike, I for one would like to hear from these "very recognized people in the sportsman ranks", what their definition of "help" is and IF by help they mean their car/your car has/will run quicker/faster, then I would like them to explain how by the addition of just a regulator bypass, your engine/ their engine magically made or will make 20-30 or more additional HP, which is what's required with the cars/engines discussed here to show an improvement of a tenth and 1MPH on the time slip.

Last edited by 1320racer; 11-30-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #40
nhramnl

Man, you are a feisty one, aren't you? OK, first, it is not my place to name names, unless the people in question specifically give me their OK to do so. Second, you would recognize every single one of them, by name, as an established performer in sportsman drag racing. Third, nobody has ever said anything about a tenth and/or 1 MPH. As I'm sure you know, the gains of a tenth and a mile-per-hour stop coming WAAAAAY before a serious class racer quits spending money. As a matter of fact, the most expensive gains of all are near the "end" of the sorting-out process (though there really is no end to it). Racers will spend thousands of dollars, in hopes of picking up a few hundredths. Think Honda rod journals, and then talk to a really experienced engine builder about how much gain you actually get for the crazy expensive outlay..