HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2021, 11:04 PM   #31
Tom O

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Nevada racing

I think its up now Tim, the link that is.
Tom O is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-09-2021, 11:57 PM   #32
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts
Default Re: Nevada racing

http://www.nhradiv7.com/apcm/templat...2167&zoneid=16
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-10-2021, 12:59 AM   #33
Tom P

Liked 216 Times in 87 Posts

Self certification for tech? How would that work for setting a record?

As for Canadians getting across the border is there not a loophole that allows it? If you've ever been hassled for commercial status with border guards asking if prize money is offered then that should be an allowable excuse to cross as a commercial entity. You are transporting those business goods and personnel to the work site. Not much different than the trucks allowed across with lumber or an empty trailer .

One way that is allowable is the have the race car or whole rig "shipped" across the border by a recognized person or business and fly down to meet it. Getting back is not a problem. I have heard this from people buying and selling cars both ways across the border.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #34
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 411 Times in 92 Posts

There was a loophole last year to cross the border. If you were entered and competing in a professional sport in which NHRA was on the list they would allow you into the US or Canada depending on which direction you’re heading. But that got quashed just after Biden was elected. (No I don’t want to get into a political discussion). Now we’re just hoping that as this virus crap runs it’s course that 2 political leaders come to their senses and open the border.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:44 PM   #35
Tom P

Liked 216 Times in 87 Posts

Senses? Are you insinuating that either leader even has sense?

I'm sure they meant that rule only for Hockey and not carbon emitting cars. I believe the shipping thing still applies, It's a hassle that shouldn't be needed.

I see Dan Mercier from Quebec is running in Alky Dragster at the Gators. There must still be a way.

Last edited by Tom P; 03-12-2021 at 03:45 PM.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:05 PM   #36
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

Finally we have racing in the south west. It all seemed way to easy. Walk up and get your temp checked on the wrist. Give them your name and they hand you a pit pass. I paid cash for the test and tune for tomorrow. Vegas can probably park and easy 600 rigs all on pavement. They let me park myself. From the drive in till pit parked took about 15 minutes.
The weather is perfect this weekend. I would fair guess there were 150 rigs already here and they were steadily coming in when I left at 3:00. Most will show up tomorrow I'm sure. Great to see familiar faces all catching up. All the tire companies are here and plenty of V/P fuel.

Paul
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote