Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #11
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: Optima vs XS Power Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven reynolds View Post
If you are talking about 16 volt batteries, I'm not a big fan, you can't just go in a parts store and buy 1 and the 16s take a special charger just my opinion.
As I have mentioned my son manages the local Interstate Battery dealership.

Whenever there is a big race hear in Tulsa it is common for him to get calls from one or more desperate racers looking for a sixteen volt battery.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:13 PM   #12
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts

Must be because I am cheap, but I have been running "regular" batteries with god luck for decades. My bracket car has a 27 series Interstate in the trunk that has been in there for 13 years now, probably replace it this year. My old F350 had a 27 series DieHard that lasted for 17 years, impressed so much that both my current trucks also have DieHards. My Mustang Stocker had the small factory size 56 series under the hood, ran the same Interstate battery for 10 years. I did have a blue top Optima in my trailer, for running the winch and lights, but was never able to get it fully charged with my regular battery charger, even doing the PITA second battery and cables trick that Optima suggested. Swapped out the Optima for a less than 1/2 the price deep cycle battery, from a local battery wholesaler, works great. A trick, or really lightweight battery is cool and all, but I prefer something that works every time, and if it was to fail, I could find at any auto parts store.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #13
65signet

Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryMcLawhorn View Post

Any initial thoughts on the XS battery? Also what battery charger are you using with the AGM battery?
The first time out, i was very happy with it, i ran my water pump alot plus many startups, when i got home and put the charger on it, was a 100% only 22 pounds, and i use a Noco charger