HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Pure Stock

They used to go all the way down to Z/PS (A) then cut back to around O then went to 1lbs.weight breaks and combined auto& stick.
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Pure Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Swartz View Post
Terry, let's not start the IHRA/NHRA debate all over again, LOL! I could get in real trouble because I'd like to see the old AHRA/IHRA Formula Stock rules revived. Talk about having too many classes to police. That's kind of what the crate motor classes resemble.

This Pure Stock class looks really interesting. What would be nice if IHRA would open it up and push the break from 16 to 20-21lbs per HP. Lots of heavy family sedans out there that would make good stockers, just too heavy to make the current cut. In fact the car we were looking at was too heavy (natural Q car, NHRA 17lbs) but I was interpreting the rule of reducing weight to move the car down a class to 16lbs, I/PS. Since we didn't buy the car and Ohio Valley doesn't let them run anyway. It's a moot point now.

Back to the garage, finish my bracket car and order some more parts for the crate stocker. I'll just be happy to get a car done and get back to racing.

Im not trying to start a debate.....Just stating a fact.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote