HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: 2011 ahfs

Jeff, that's the SS "hood scoop" cars, right?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
I don't get the index adjustment. The index covers all vehicle combinations (in the example K/SA) so why would it drop .05 or more?
Sorry, not understanding how that is possible...

Yes, as Ed said, the index change is only for classes that use the pounds per cubic inch factor like SS modified.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #13
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Amazingly, I have had very little input on this subject from any fellow div 6 racers. I do think the proposed changes are a step in the right direction, please let me know what you think.
One additional suggestion I had made is to post the qualifying speed. I am not suggesting those lifting at 1000' should be penalised, just suggesting it would help level the playing field for those us who don't have a crew member to stand at the 1000' mark during qualifying.

Jim Mantle, div 6 S/SS SRAC
jmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #14
KingReptile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: 2011 ahfs

283 R.I.P next year lolllllllllllllll
KingReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #15
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lang View Post
Yes, as Ed said, the index change is only for classes that use the pounds per cubic inch factor like SS modified.

-Toby
Us AMC'ers aren't always the smartest bunch but this just goes to show everybody Ed's smarter than I
Old 11-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #16
KingReptile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: 2011 ahfs

Jeff thanks for the pics I have been busy sorry I didnt reply to your e-mail..
KingReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #17
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

As I look into my crystal ball, I can see the future.....

It's Boise or Tucson with a sea level weather condition like we had a few years ago and guess what......

10 or 20 combos get HP on Tuesday and have to live with it when you are in Div 3 or 4 at sea level in August with a 28.50 baro.......

You wanted AHFS at the altitude tracks and now you have to live with the results...
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,079 Times in 282 Posts

I notice there is nothing in that draft to address the weather conditions. If NHRA does nothing to address the problem of weather conditions skewing the AHFS, the AHFS will remain broken, and the racers will continue to be screwed by it.

It's been said repeatedly for years, in order to work properly and fairly, the AHFS system MUST correct ALL data to an SAE standard sea level day. Each Division must have its own regularly calibrated weather station, to be used at the track before and after every session, or the data collected is skewed and worthless.

If the average racer can afford a weather station, then NHRA can afford to buy 7 nice ones for their staff, keep them correctly calibrated, and have someone on the starting line record a weather reading before and after each session.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #19
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 174 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
I notice there is nothing in that draft to address the weather conditions. If NHRA does nothing to address the problem of weather conditions skewing the AHFS, the AHFS will remain broken, and the racers will continue to be screwed by it.

It's been said repeatedly for years, in order to work properly and fairly, the AHFS system MUST correct ALL data to an SAE standard sea level day. Each Division must have its own regularly calibrated weather station, to be used at the track before and after every session, or the data collected is skewed and worthless.

If the average racer can afford a weather station, then NHRA can afford to buy 7 nice ones for their staff, keep them correctly calibrated, and have someone on the starting line record a weather reading before and after each session.
Good Luck with that - I suggested that 10 years ago when all of this started & nobody listened
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: 2011 ahfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post

They would not have the weather stations unless someone GAVE them to NHRA and then its to much work for them to use and keep track of data. Can you just see Rick Stewart trying to use one at a National event.....LOL. He dosent like the sporstman racers anyway. They just "MUCK" up "HIS" starting line.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 11-19-2010 at 09:27 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote