HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
CH.CRAFT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Throttle Controller

How Well Does The Co2 Throttle Controler, (mounted On The Carb. Linkage In Place Of The Accelerater Rod), Work To Slow A Car Down To A .90 Index ?
CH.CRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Controller

I'm using the Biondo stop that closes and opens with air and have had no problems at all. Would recommend getting the auto shut-off for the bottle (ya don't have to worry about turning it off or on ) my .02
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

I've used an inline throttle stop for a long time....... I found lately that while the car is on the stop, I had inconsistent rpm, which affected my overall ET....... I've just switch to an #1 Stop, under the carb, controller....... I bought it through Biondo.......

I talked with the guys at Biondo Racing and #1 Stop, as well as other racers and crew chiefs whose opinions I value and basically got the same responses...... if you want consistency, you need to have a purpose built carb and an under the carb controller........

The inline will work fine....... but as time goes on you have to watch for thread and linkage wear as this will affect your consistency........
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
CH.CRAFT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
I've used an inline throttle stop for a long time....... I found lately that while the car is on the stop, I had inconsistent rpm, which affected my overall ET....... I've just switch to an #1 Stop, under the carb, controller....... I bought it through Biondo.......

I talked with the guys at Biondo Racing and #1 Stop, as well as other racers and crew chiefs whose opinions I value and basically got the same responses...... if you want consistency, you need to have a purpose built carb and an under the carb controller........

The inline will work fine....... but as time goes on you have to watch for thread and linkage wear as this will affect your consistency........
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I'VE HEARD THE INLINE CAN BE INCONSISTENT.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most people will tell you it depends on how much time you are trying to lose.
If you only need to kill a few tenths, say from 8.40 to 8.90 an inline will work fine, but to slow a faster car they are not nearly as consistent are an under-carb stop
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
CH.CRAFT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugracing12 View Post
Most people will tell you it depends on how much time you are trying to lose.
If you only need to kill a few tenths, say from 8.40 to 8.90 an inline will work fine, but to slow a faster car they are not nearly as consistent are an under-carb stop
INTERESTING INFO., RIGHT NOW MY CAR RUNS 10.40 TO 10.50 WITH A ALMOST STOCK LS7 AT 3450 LBS. AND I WANT TO RUN THE 10.90 INDEX, BUT I AM THINKING OF BUILDING A LARGER MOTOR WHICH WOULD HOPEFULLY RUN MID TO LOW 9'S WITH A MILD CAM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are usually used inline stops around you can pick up cheap. right now there are several of them on ebay with bids of about 50$. A cheap way to get started.
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #8
CH.CRAFT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugracing12 View Post
There are usually used inline stops around you can pick up cheap. right now there are several of them on ebay with bids of about 50$. A cheap way to get started.
I HAVE A INLINE STOP I USED FOR A STARTING LINE CONTROLLER BEFORE I BOUGHT A NEW IGNITION SYSTEM WITH IT. I'LL NEED TO BUY A "CONTROL BOX" OR A NEW DELAY BOX TO USE IT. THANKS CRAFT.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Throttle Controller

Make sure you have a SOLID pedal stop with the inline set up or it will drive ya nuts!

BB
Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
CH.CRAFT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Baer View Post
Make sure you have a SOLID pedal stop with the inline set up or it will drive ya nuts!

BB
X4, I HAVE A STOP ATTATCHED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PEDEL ROD THAT CONTACTS THE FLOOR BOARD THAT I INSTALLED BEFORE I STARTED USING THE INLINE AS A STARTING LINE CONTROL. BUT NOW THAT YOU BROUGHT IT TO MY ATTENTION I CAN SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF THE STOP WITH THE INLINE. THANKS FOR THE INFO. CRAFT.