HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #21
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else bummed that you just can't get it together?

I don't want to put words in Rod's mouth, but I think he'd be happy to help get the wagon going again!!!!

It might cost you a dinner at Olympia Pizza to nudge him though!!!

For those that don't know Rod Stults bought the wagon from Jeff. Ran it for quite a few years then sold it back to him after I bought Jeff's Malibu that I run in Super Stock now.

Stay positive Jeff it'll happen!!!
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #22
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Anyone else bummed that you just can't get it together?

Thanks everyone! It was really great to come home after a bad day at work and see all the positive posts!

I have a little of my Faith back!
Jeff Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #23
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I will give you my story and it might make you feel better. A couple of years ago I took my bracket car down to be dyno tuned. While I was there the owner of the shop took me to his house and showed me his super stocker. Right then decided to build a stocker instead of the super pro car I had been planning. I have been working on it for a couple of years now while still bracket racing when life did not get in the way. This spring I was 99% done and was ready to go make some test runs and planned to run a couple of local bracket events with it before I went to a div. race. Then may 25 my shop and home took a direct hit from a tornado for the second time in less than 5 years. Among many many other things the car was destroyed. Three months later I am still sick when I think about it. It could have been alot worse nobody was hurt and we so far seem to have plenty of insurance. Two of my neighbors homes were not so lucky. I just keep telling myself to keep digging and sooner or later I will get there. The bad part is untill my shop is rebuilt next year I am somewhat unemployed. So I have a ton of time on my hands to build another car. The really bad part is I have no shop to build it in LOL. One of these days I am going to run stock just not this year but mark my words I will one day.There is always something that gets in my way of getting it done just so happens this year for me it was a F2 but you name it over the last couple of years it was always something holding me up. You have to just keep digging till you get there.

Last edited by Rob Petrie E395; 08-27-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #24
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rob, I am very sorry for your loss.

That really puts things in perspective for me. I kinda feel bad for complaining now (LOL!)

But, I would almost put my Wife and 2 teenagers up against your F2 Tornado-they seem to have comparable destructive power! Hahaha!

I really admire your positive attitude!

OK! Let's get our cars going!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #25
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today's update....

Just as I am about to do something with the Wagon, my Central Air Conditioning unit decides to fail. There goes the $400 I was going to put into the car!

Everyone see how my luck goes? If I ever get to the track, Karma owes me a string of win lights.....

I appreciate all the positive thoughts for me. This alone will get me back to racing again.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 414 Times in 92 Posts

What parts do you need to finish the car?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #27
Rick Pike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Jeff,
I don't know you real well but all that counts is your one of the few Division Six
Super/Stock racers out there and you could use a hand. I can't offer what Rodney can do, and he's good at it, but I agree with Jody that he'd be more than happy to help you get the heads finished. As far as other stuff, parts, tires, etc. your welcome to any spare stuff I have.

Call my cell if I can help.
604-309-1222

Rick
Rick Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 414 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Pike View Post
Hey Jeff,
I don't know you real well but all that counts is your one of the few Division Six
Super/Stock racers out there and you could use a hand. I can't offer what Rodney can do, and he's good at it, but I agree with Jody that he'd be more than happy to help you get the heads finished. As far as other stuff, parts, tires, etc. your welcome to any spare stuff I have.

Call my cell if I can help.
604-309-1222

Rick
Me as well. Email me 68nova@telus.net
Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #29
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Anyone else bummed that you just can't get it together?

Thanks guys!

Rick, you don't know me, but I sure know of you! I really appreciate the offer. I don't really need any parts, just some labor to fix what I have broken. I have to buy the parts new. No big deal, it's just doing it. It really is minimal money, compared to what I have already spent.

Thanks Bob, as always. Your concern and offer is much appreciated!

I'll get to it. I have to call in a few favors to get it done, but somehow I'll manage.

It just seems like everytime I am just about to see some light, something kicks me in the rear and sets me back again. Downright depressing.

But.......I have some of my motivation back!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #30
Chris Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread really reinforces something that I have noticed about drag racing in general and stock in particular:getting to the track with a car that is ready to run is 99% of the battle. It took me a few years to figure out why I my hair would stand on end when someone would say something like "I'll just put a 440 in it and go run tens" or "If someone would just let me run their car I'd win for sure". This crazy sport that we're hooked on is tough!

So pat yourself on the back, you're almost there. As Nietzche said "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger..."

Good luck,
Chris Barnes
Stock 6621
Wagons of Steel

PS I just got my wagon back on the track after a two year "vacation" and it was worth the wait!
Chris Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote