HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #11
Sonny Stancil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Chrysler's legal Dept has gone nuts

Since these cars were donated by the old Chrysler corp Why should the new company have any sya about them. When they filed bankruptcy this let them doaway with any dealears by them by not renewing there dealer agreement. becanue there was no company. so the cars were donated by the company that is out of business.
I would sure like to talk to a school that has a viper
Sonny Stancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #12
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 683 Times in 265 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler's legal Dept has gone nuts

Sonny,
You are thinking along the lines I was. I also have problems with a company that says they want to help schools and higher education giving them a product/parts or equipment to use and then when it doesn't fit their needs calling a halt ( taking back or disposing of the items) to the program. If Chrysler was really into helping higher education (It was probably more about PR) they would let the schools sell the vehicles or equipment and reinvest the money in their education programs. I have ties to our local education system and I can tell all of you that would be a big help for any school program. It could also be a positive for Chrysler instead of a negative. I would think that people in the management of Chrysler would be looking for some positive ink instead of just listening to what the legal Dept has as a contract. Come on Chrysler isn't there someone in you company smarter than an East Texas Redneck?

Last edited by Adger Smith; 03-09-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #13
Sonny Stancil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Chrysler's legal Dept has gone nuts

like I said I sure would like to talk to one of these schools before they crush these cars
Sonny Stancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
John Dinkel

Liked 234 Times in 63 Posts

I got hired by Chrysler in 1965 at the Proving Grounds. One of the first jobs I got put on was destroying a Turbine Car. That was really hard to destroy such a cool car.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
bigshow2966

Liked 82 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Chrysler's legal Dept has gone nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys dad View Post
Even at $10 grand a piece it would have been nearly a million dollars

As an interested by stander

Ron
One of the articles I read the school was claiming their car was worth "hundreds of thousands of dollars" because it is so rare.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Having spent 2 years as a technician for Chrysler. They better step up to attract more young people to be technicians. They have more demand from my searches than any other car brand. Many say they don't take care of techs. Many good people looking to leave from wrenching for them. One big plus is the instructors are absolutely dedicated who I have studied under.
In the metro NY area. There are many Chrysler tech jobs especially master tech job openings going unfilled. It is all about the money. It trickles down to lube techs. Keep the Vipers where they are and use them for what they are worth. There is still a lot to be learned to attract new blood. It's not easy. The pay has not kept up with the times here. Hard to believe a tech needs to tell corporate that.
Removing them is another bad move.
ps. It is not Chrysler anymore.
It's Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Keep your cars tech schools!!!!!!
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #17
bigshow2966

Liked 82 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Chrysler's legal Dept has gone nuts

I saw a letter from Chrysler Legal posted this morning that says this story is bogus. Chrysler is not planning on recalling or scrapping any Vipers.

It is the Interweb, anything can be faked.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #18
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 683 Times in 265 Posts

Well, it is the internet, but I wouldn't be too quick to place blame on "The Net"
As I said at the first of the thread. I got the link that was posted from a friend that is a Viper and DP owner. If you go to that link you see the author refrences his source. His source is "The Olympian" yep, more "Net' but that author, toverman@theolympian.com references the South Puget Sound Community College & Professor Norm Chapman as the source of the information. then the author goes on to Say" Steven Glasco, vehicle donations coordinator at Chrysler, confirmed that the complete collection of the educational donation Vipers nationwide must be crushed. He would not comment further on the numbers of vehicles or why the decision was made."

This apperars to have real people with real names attached to the stories all the way into the Chrysler organization.

So, looks like someone either did a real smooth job of backtracking, for whatever reason, or the "Net" is wrong about the letter from the legal Dept. of Chrysler saying it is Bogus.

Big Show, Show me some real names with Chrysler or their Legal Dept memo's with real names attached and then I'll make up my mind about this "net" story. Some sort of follow up story by The Olympian might be in order.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 03-12-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #19
KThomas

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

UUUUGGGGGG Someone needs to put a stop this . I hope it is not true ..
KThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #20
Tom P

Liked 224 Times in 90 Posts

It was on King 5 news in Seattle when it first happened. They interviewed the school people on TV.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote