HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 01-29-2015, 07:13 AM   #21
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: what size trailer ?

I found some pictures of the trailer and cart,etc. our rig with a 34 ft Rv is just under 65 ft end to end. (We have been measured by the Iowa state patrol LOL). 24 ft trailer with 5 ft tongue.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #22
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 315 Times in 100 Posts

Just a quick heads up................

Stocker Buick GS what body style do you run and what is the overall length???????????

A Chevy II is 163" overall length and our 1974 Firebird is 196" overall length......

That's a difference of 33" in overall length......

If we tried to put our car & golf cart into a 24' trailer, we would have to tow with the tail gate down.........

Take care,
Bob
Old 01-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #23
james schaechter
VIP Member

We measured our 66 nova and it was 183 and change bumper to bumper. It might be closer than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
Just a quick heads up................

Stocker Buick GS what body style do you run and what is the overall length???????????

A Chevy II is 163" overall length and our 1974 Firebird is 196" overall length......

That's a difference of 33" in overall length......

If we tried to put our car & golf cart into a 24' trailer, we would have to tow with the tail gate down.........

Maybe but our 66 Nova is 183 inches long so it might not be as far off as you think. We measured it and rounded up an inch to 184 when we speced out the trailer

Take care,
Bob
Old 01-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #24
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 315 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
We measured our 66 nova and it was 183 and change bumper to bumper. It might be closer than you think

My bad I trusted the internet...

Who knew that you could get incorrect information from the internet?????????????????

Bob
Old 01-30-2015, 05:30 AM   #25
james schaechter
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
My bad I trusted the internet...

Who knew that you could get incorrect information from the internet?????????????????

Bob
Shocking! The internet being wrong! the side door placement. You could move it forward a bit more if you had a longer car. there is almost 3 feet of floor space in front of the cart also in our case. I thnk the inside floor is 23ft 8 inches total. it is cozy in there, but the door on the side is almost 61 inches when it is open. it makes for easy loading. I would have went 26 or maybe even 28 if the overall length wasn't a problem, but really, everything fits. we still have slick mounts to put up, and are thinking of a roll in tool chest. one thng to think about also is the e track. we had them put one in on the front. they make little clip in straps with d rings so you could easily hook bungees or ratchet ties to tie stuff like that in place. when you order it that way, they weld in extra braces and weld the e track in. I only wish I would have ordered more of it. I didnt realize how much I would like it.

a consideration for the cart is the length. in the picture, there is no back seat. we did add one. it fits, but the footrest either has to be omitted or fold up flush to fit in a trailer sidewys like that so do your homework on carts if you plan on putting one in like we did. the ramps for the side door were found on the local craigslist for 100 bucks and are strong but light aluminum.

Last edited by james schaechter; 01-30-2015 at 05:36 AM.
james schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote