HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: Updated HP Ratings

The DP as a 2009 is now a AA/SA only, as a 2010 it is one hp from AA/SA only. It now will have to run about 200 lbs heavier. This is with the 6.1 motor and auto trans. I wonder what will happen when Barton pulls up against a 512 Mopar or a blown Ford in class. That car is # 15 of the 2009's I think. The cars for 2009 and 10 are exactly the same. Time will tell.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #12
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts

SOOOOO again, excuse my ignorance, if they are indeed all the same, how come all the years didn't get the HP????????????

And, how much more is needed for them to be out of AA???? Something has got to give here!!

I'm all for F/X, SUPER STOCK

Last edited by Bernie Cunningham; 09-07-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Bernie Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Updated HP Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster58 View Post
Danny they do , but some car's that are claiming to be Cobra jets are wrecks that are clones .

Great answer Wayne

Bo Kenney
Serial #'s may not be a good idea anyway cause that would probably reduce the field of "all" stockers more than 1/2 ....lol
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #14
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
SOOOOO again, excuse my ignorance, if they are indeed all the same, how come all the years didn't get the HP????????????

And, how much more is needed for them to be out of AA???? Something has got to give here!!

I'm all for F/X, SUPER STOCK
Any answers to this, please!!!?????
Old 09-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
Any answers to this, please!!!?????
Bernie the answer is that the manufacturers can change a spec on a new model and have a whole different combination, especially if the body doesn't change.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

In the past it was easy to identify cars from year to year. Just look at sales brochures, body shop manuals, NADA books, etc. This is not the case with these purpose built racecars. The manufacturers can put on any parts and claim what they want.

What books or printed data info are the sanctioning bodies going to use as reference for these cars when a question comes up?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Big Show

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not a NHRA tech inspector however, I'd use the classification guide and the rulebook to determine the proper class for a vehicle. Changing the year of a car to reclassify it is not new! The new cars aren't any different.
Big Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
dwydendorf

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Here is a scenario to all of the racers that say the new factory race cars are not offered to the General public to drive on public highways (I.E. showroom available). . Go to your local Ford Dealer and buy either a Mustang Shelby with a 5.4 supercharged engine or a Mustang with a 4.6 three valve or a 5.0 new Mustang and make your own Cobra Jet. You can change the transmission and rear end per Nhra Stock Rules. Change the Hood and Grille to the Cobra Jet items and in the case of the Shelby I think you have to change the Facia and maybe a couple of things in the engine on all of them but you could have your own version of the Cobra Jet and they are actually cars available to the general public. How many of the current older cars running in stock actually started out as the actual car they are being raced as? To my knowledge NHRA has not ever checked the vin numbers to see if the car being raced was as it was produced friom the factory. The same thing can be done with the Drag Pak Challengers. Everyone that thinks you have to have an actual Cobra Jet or Drag Pak car to race a Cobra Jet or Drag Pak Challenger is blowing smoke up everyones rear.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwydendorf View Post
Here is a scenario to all of the racers that say the new factory race cars are not offered to the General public to drive on public highways (I.E. showroom available). . Go to your local Ford Dealer and buy either a Mustang Shelby with a 5.4 supercharged engine or a Mustang with a 4.6 three valve or a 5.0 new Mustang and make your own Cobra Jet. You can change the transmission and rear end per Nhra Stock Rules. Change the Hood and Grille to the Cobra Jet items and in the case of the Shelby I think you have to change the Facia and maybe a couple of things in the engine on all of them but you could have your own version of the Cobra Jet and they are actually cars available to the general public. How many of the current older cars running in stock actually started out as the actual car they are being raced as? To my knowledge NHRA has not ever checked the vin numbers to see if the car being raced was as it was produced friom the factory. The same thing can be done with the Drag Pak Challengers. Everyone that thinks you have to have an actual Cobra Jet or Drag Pak car to race a Cobra Jet or Drag Pak Challenger is blowing smoke up everyones rear.
OK,you debunked that arguement.Hows about the disparity in the "true" HP and the
NHRA "factored" HP on these cars?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #20
dwydendorf

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
OK,you debunked that arguement.Hows about the disparity in the "true" HP and the
NHRA "factored" HP on these cars?
How much difference do you think there is between a 69 chevy 350 stocker engine in 2011 for example and what they were rated at in 1969? If you are going to compete against engines rated in a different era then you have to rate the current engines by the same standards or at least try to.