HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #41
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: Read this

Did I hear somebody say "A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT" ???? He needs to be on Comedy Central LOL.......is he serious ??????????????
Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #42
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 254 Posts

Not sure if I should get into this but Im bored.

Im a very wealthy business man and make a lot of money and try to keep my expenses down to a minimum. I have a employee that I pay very little yet he is always wearing Air Jordans, real gold necklaces, drives a Benz and lives in a very large home for a single guy. He comes in and tells me he needs a raise because he needs to make more money. I being the employer look at what he's wearing , living and driving and tell him no way am I going to pay you more, the work your doing and the pay Im giving is just fine. After looking at what you have and Im keeping all the money this company makes.
Now replace me business owner with division directors commit or NHRA thought process and replace the employee with the racers that are in the pits. You tell me if NHRA isn't business savvy. They may not be the best at what they are doing but they have all the money and don't have to pay a lot to get it.
Its not about punishing or looking down on the people with all the bells and whistles. To NHRA its about why should they pay more when looking out in the pits and seeing all the bells and whistles. ( yes I know not everyone in the pits have bells and whistles I get it)
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:32 PM   #43
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 254 Posts

Da** I laughed at my own story I just wrote. I am bored in this 107 degree day in Phx
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #44
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Not sure if I should get into this but Im bored.

Im a very wealthy business man and make a lot of money and try to keep my expenses down to a minimum. I have a employee that I pay very little yet he is always wearing Air Jordans, real gold necklaces, drives a Benz and lives in a very large home for a single guy. He comes in and tells me he needs a raise because he needs to make more money. I being the employer look at what he's wearing , living and driving and tell him no way am I going to pay you more, the work your doing and the pay Im giving is just fine. After looking at what you have and Im keeping all the money this company makes.
Now replace me business owner with division directors commit or NHRA thought process and replace the employee with the racers that are in the pits. You tell me if NHRA isn't business savvy. They may not be the best at what they are doing but they have all the money and don't have to pay a lot to get it.
Its not about punishing or looking down on the people with all the bells and whistles. To NHRA its about why should they pay more when looking out in the pits and seeing all the bells and whistles. ( yes I know not everyone in the pits have bells and whistles I get it)
Jeff,

The thing that needs to be remembered here is we as racers, crew, and spectators are not the employees but rather the customer. As a business owner you wouldn't charge a customer more based on where they live, what they drive, or how they dress. You would charge as much as you could to make a profit, keep customers happy, and continue to grow and bring in new customers. You would also likely try to improve the product or service that your company provides to help do that. Now remember NHRA is a not for profit organizarion who is dedicated to safety and bringing cars to the track instead of racing on the street. I can think of a couple reasons why the current business plan may not be te best for expanding the sport as a whole.

Edit: I should probably say business plan under the last president. No reason to make premature judgement on what the new president may or may not do.

Matt

Last edited by HawkBrosMav; 07-08-2015 at 11:08 PM.
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #45
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
I went over to the road racers side of the track at PBIR, They were testing 3 Ferraris, they told me that they went through 3 drums of fuel, 2 sets of brake pads and this was just testing. So I asked them what kind of purse they race for. The answer was "it's a gentlemen's race" with a trophy and notoriety as the purse. I asked them how much each car was valued at, this was a few years ago, between 150 to 200k each. So when you look at how much NHRA is going to pay as a purse, let's hope they don't talk to the road racers.

Casey Miles
248H "F" NHRA Stock
This has happened to Pueblo Motorsport Park in Colorado. City owned facility has a contract with a road racer lady to run the place. She's in her 3rd year. Nearly ran everyone off the first year with her antics toward drag racers, a lot of the fast guys haven't come back. Apparently she didn't even want to take advice from the Bandimere's. The contract says she has to do 4 drag races a year so any time after the 4th race she might pull the plug. She has been heard to refer to drag racers as " bottom feeders" but loves her road racers.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #46
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Davenport View Post
Did I hear somebody say "A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT" ???? He needs to be on Comedy Central LOL.......is he serious ??????????????
That was me...........and then you have some folks scratching there heads wondering why there is half the people involved in the sport than there was 5- 10 or 20 years ago

its all about the money...period, some have less to throw away than others

Think about it
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote